theodyssey

Best Album of the Year
Dec 13, 2002
Olympia, WA
Visit site
tolkki.jpg

:lol:

haha yeah

Last year was a great year for Stratovarius. I think the highlight for me was Jens pissing on Tolkki's leg.

I wish I could say I remember it, but I just got into Prog/ European Power Metal in about Febuary

Tolkki having visions of Madonna, claiming to have reached a new state of conscience, linked to some sort of god? of his own invention, add a few strange and esoteric books, then imagine this concert in Spain, Jens pissing over Tolkki, after that he said that a fanatic spanish attacked him with a knife while he was touring the city (you gotta see these pictures of the so-called attack, and his "wounds" haha funny stuff) and yes, never forget Kotipelto getting out of the band, the new album's title and female vocalist, Miss K. (google her) and... you got the story, more or less. I know it's cruel to make fun of a mental disease, that he definitely had, but hey... Those were the days!

Lord_Tarod said:
Tolkki having visions of Madonna, claiming to have reached a new state of conscience, linked to some sort of god? of his own invention, add a few strange and esoteric books, then imagine this concert in Spain, Jens pissing over Tolkki, after that he said that a fanatic spanish attacked him with a knife while he was touring the city (you gotta see these pictures of the so-called attack, and his "wounds" haha funny stuff) and yes, never forget Kotipelto getting out of the band, the new album's title and female vocalist, Miss K. (google her) and... you got the story, more or less. I know it's cruel to make fun of a mental disease, that he definitely had, but hey... Those were the days!
So many people hated Miss K, apparently someone from Brasil sent her shit in the mail :S

If Tolkki was suffering from some sort of mental illness, then the guy has my sympathy, however I can't help but think that 2004 was in fact just some crazy publicity stunt for the band. If that's the case, then it certainly worked!

I'm not a big fan of Stratovarius though. First time I saw Symphony X was The Odyssey tour and suprisingly they were a bit good. They were supporting Stratovarius, the most interesting aspect of whose show I seem to recall was the pyrotechnics. I won't deny I find all that euro power metal stuff fun, but Stratovarius just do nothing for me.

Tolkki is acting so crazy because he realizes how mediocre Stratovarius is, and he's desperately trying to keep people from losing interest in the band.

Timo Kotipelto ruins Stratovarius.

OMG BUT HE S GOOD!1

No, imagine Dio or Russell Allen on top of the same music. Big difference eh?

What a joke 2004 was for that band..there sure was a lot of playing in blood though, now that I think of it.. :lol:

Jax said:
What a joke 2004 was for that band..there sure was a lot of playing in blood though, now that I think of it.. :lol:

Hey Jax, i was talking to mr Matt Moliti last night and he pointed out that Stratovarius have done such a good job sweeping this whole thing under the carpet. If anyone can find the story online, post it here. I was checking strato.com every day for months there, but i wouldn't mind re-reading some of that stuff.

theodyssey said:
Hey Jax, i was talking to mr Matt Moliti last night and he pointed out that Stratovarius have done such a good job sweeping this whole thing under the carpet. If anyone can find the story online, post it here. I was checking strato.com every day for months there, but i wouldn't mind re-reading some of that stuff.
I would have thought http://blabbermouth.net/ would have a lot of it covered. I can't really vouch for the reporting quality or genuinity though, nor the rationality of the user comments.

The only thing i remember is Miss K. C'mon people, she was hot :D Wasn't she ? Ok, may be a little weight problem :)

Karma sucks. Why the hell did I have to start listening to good music a year too late!?!?!

i remember once among all the madness, Tolkki said that the director of Cradle of Filths videos was gonna direct a Stratovarius video, and that Miss K was gonna be naked in it... phew, close call i say, glad it never happened...

btw, why did Jens piss on Tolkki? i remember hearing about that and thinking "WTF??" but i never really knew what had happened