Who remembers?

I fucked up. They weren't called WFO. They were called NITRO, the album was OFR, I think. It came to me at work today, struck me so hard I almost fell....yeah, the Letterman bass! Thats it! Gold fuckin' star for you my freind....

arborist said:
Greeno, I am glad I am not the only one who thought Kix was a great band. They were amazing live, weren't they?!? I didn't know they might get back together; thanks for the info. By the way, when you saw them live, did they do Cold Shower? Holy shit, when I saw them, Steve Whiteman was wailing on that one...

Man, that was a long time ago but I seem to remember them doing Cold Shower because it blew me away that they could pull off the intro to that song live. Glad to find another Kix fan on this board, Arborist.

bestwestranger said:
WFO was a glam/speedmetal group with Michael Angelo playing lead. He had a crazy 4 neck guitar shaped like an X. He could shred on it both left AND right handed.
wfo could make the worst music in the world.........and i would still love to see that 4 neck dual hand shredage......man that sounds fucking awesome.

arborist said:
I remember Powermad. Nice Dreams was a great song. Bulletboys were another good one. Salty Dog kicked ass as well, and Quiet Riot's Metal Health was my first album, back when I was nine. Holy shit- that was 20 years ago...
Nice Dreams was my favorite from that CD as well. Killer thrash CD though... Been one of my favorites forever.

Bryant

arborist said:
How about Cry Wolf? Bryant probably remembers them.Steelheart? Dangerous Toys? I'll think of more later.
I remember Steelheart. That guy had a super high voice and I remember Dangerous Toys as well..... seems as though they had a song called "scared" or something, but I don't think I have heard Cry Wolf or can't place a song with the band anyway.

Bryant

Buttheaded said:
oh boy someone like me check this stuff out that I have lemme see, hows about black&blue y&T madame x sea hags grim reaper exciter death angel salty dog .................metallica???
I remember those as well, though sea Hags only vaguely. I love Act III by Death Angel. Y&T was also a great band.

Bryant

bestwestranger said:
I bet no one knows this band, 'cause I have yet to find anyone that does

Manilla Road

I'm not a fan of Manilla Road, but I know who they are. They've been around since the late 70's and seem to have a big cult following. I've only heard a couple of their albums and they didn't do much for me, boring 70's rock.. to my ears anyways. Monster Records has reissued some of their stuff over the years. You can check it out here---
http://www.monsterrecords.com/monster/manillaroad/index.html

I was actually given the album Crystal Logic by their old drummer, Rick Fisher. He and his wife are freinds of my parents. He gave it to me just as it came out, and it was my first introduction to metal. I was 12 yrs. old at the time. If not for him, I would be surfing the N'Sync boards right now...Thanks Rick!