OT: What Other Music...

Aside from my hair bands, which don't embarrass me (maybe just those I'm married to and friends with), I like some sort rock - favorites being Air Supply, Hall & Oats and Chicago. Two of my all time favorite albums ever is a compilation of Christmas songs by the Carpenters and the soundtrack to Gease 2. Musicals don't count as a genre but my favorite is Oliver! I love the songs in that musical.

I wouldnt say im embarassed about any of it, but I like Government Mule/bluesy rock kinda stuff. Dose is one of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. End of story.

classic rock (Dylan, Beck's old stuff w/Rod Stewart, Kinks, etc.), older rap stuff (run dmc, PE, beasties), blues(John Lee Hooker, Lightnin' Hopkins, Hounddog Taylor), folk (I have a Time Life collection of it that I love). Not really embarrassed about it though.

I've got a pretty varied sense of taste when it comes to music, besides metal. Prog rock (Gentle Giant, Genesis), blues (Albert King, SRV), blues rock (JHB, Blues Traveler), jazz (Billie Holiday, Art Tatum), classical (Paganinni, Mozart), swing (Cherry Poppin' Daddies), and even a little pop music (Vanessa-Mae, Bond).

It pretty much comes down to if it's not country or rap, I'll give it a shot.

shania twain,dixie chicks,kid rock,whitesnake,david allan coe to name a few,not embarressed about it,they all make great music and is a nice change from metal.

jrw01 - Hound Dog Taylor rules! Got into his music when I was doing a blues show at the college radio station many many moons ago, and what he was playing was (and is) still a lot of fun. The first official radio show I did when I landed the gig I have now, I played "Give Me Back My Wig". Ever listen to any Lonnie Brooks? If not, check him out as well.

As for my "embarassing" non-metal music... I happen to like some older new-age music, like the stuff that was on the Narada label back in the '80s. There were some great guitar-oriented albums like William Ellwood and Gabriel Lee, and there's one disc that has a real Irish flavor that I love. Also, I love jazz - the stinkier, the better, a la Bill Evans, Miles Davis and (to a point) John Coltrane. (Coltrane occasionally gets a little too weird for me, though.)

Spin Doctors, INXS, MC Hammer, Cold Chisel. I also like brass band music as well and a bit of classical is ok.

I am writing all of this while wearing an Anthrax T-Shirt !!!

I listen to everything... No Shame.
Well.... except for that fuckin' faggot EMO Pop Punk Fuckin' HorseShit.

Okay, I am here now after a long boring and dull day at work! I like a lot of different music besides metal. I like country...old and new. I also like some rap. 80's music, some disco...yes you heard correctly...LOL!!

ThraxMan

I'm being dragged along to the Bangles reunion show by my wife next week!! OK - I'm really going for a purve at Susie Hoffs - what's wrong with that, hahah!!!

Not really that I'm embarrassed, but I am in love with Sarah MacLachlan's voice. Plus, she is a real beauty too. Also, as I've admitted, I'm kind of a Kelly Clarkson fan, real cute and what voice....

MichiMikey said:
Not really that I'm embarrassed, but I am in love with Sarah MacLachlan's voice. Plus, she is a real beauty too. Also, as I've admitted, I'm kind of a Kelly Clarkson fan, real cute and what voice....

I like Sara McLachlan as well. All of us are so diverse in our musical tastes, one extreme to another. All that really matters is good music, no matter the genre.

ThraxMan