OT: Wrathchild America

Crabmeat

Crustacean Grinds Inc.
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone remember Wrathchild America? Great thrash band from the 90's!

I ran into this on youtube and just pissed my pants.
Looks like they have Pantera-esque past (as in glam)

This has to be the weirdest "documentary" ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLb0LPq_Cg&search=wrathchild

Just take a look at Shannon Larkin (now in Godsmack, I believe) as a kid with his mom perming his hair!

Jeebus!

tommyv said:
Oh if you want Glam, WRATHCHILD UK were G-L-A-M
With the classic Album STAKK ATTAKK :lol:
And yes, I do have it on vinyl (green to boot).
I'm such a Tool:ill:
I have 2 albums from them and one is :ill: too :D

Trash Queen, Trash Queen - oh, oh, oh!!!

I remember them." Climbing the walls", and "3d man" were the two I heard. Not sure if there was more or not though. I also heard they changed their name to "souls at zero" and put out a few more. I wish I could find those first two on cd.

DarbysDad said:
This is definitely not Wrathchild from England

If I remember right, Wrathchild America were just called Wrathchild, but had to change their name because of the band from England.

Here is something I found:
Wrathchild America were a competent but rather unoriginal thrash metal quartet featuring vocalist / bassist Brad Divens, guitarist Jay Abbene, guitarist Terry Carter and drummer Shannon Larkin. Released in 1989, the group's first album Climbin' the Walls caught the tail-end of the thrash metal boom, and despite some positive reviews, never found a large audience. Dropped by Atlantic Records soon after the release of the subsequent 3-D, the band temporarily changed their name to Souls at Zero before disbanding for good. Drummer Larkin found a heavy metal afterlife of sorts with goofball metalheads Ugly Kid Joe. ~ Ed Rivadavia, All Music Guide