other bands you like (not necessarily thrash)

blackwarrior

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2007
inside the Cheese
i'm a fan of:

-Annihilator (jeff waters is my God)
-savatage
-iron maiden (and solo dickinson albums)
-grave digger
-queen
-anathema
-tankard
-doro
-lacuna coil
-pink floyd
-police
-judas priest
-helloween
-rage

etc....

^good to see a variety of music there :)

I'm not going to list all the bands I like; that would take too long :lol:
I'd say my current 10 favourite bands/the bands I'm listening to the most at the moment are:

Tsjuder
My Dying Bride
Akercocke
Belphegor
Meads of Asphodel
Dream Theater
Verjnuarmu
Unleashed
Burzum
Emperor

I'll Choose 6 or less from every category. Of course it's not the whole list, but it's generally my Favourite of those categories

Rap:
  • Sage Francis
  • Del tha Funkee Homosapian
  • Deltron 3030
  • Outkast
  • N.W.A.
  • Gravediggaz
Rock:
  • Queen
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Three Days Grace
  • Duran Duran
  • Killers
Metal:
  • Annihilator
  • Kreator
  • Nailbomb
  • Arch Enemy
  • Pantera
  • Megadeth

We listen to many of the same bands so im just going to add a few more of my favourites to your list :kickass:

Tsjuder
My Dying Bride
Akercocke
Belphegor
Meads of Asphodel
Dream Theater
Unleashed
Burzum
Emperor

Dissection
Annihilator
Ensiferum
Immortal
Wintersun
Decapitated
Xasthur
Mayhem
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Venom

I'll Choose 6 or less from every category. Of course it's not the whole list, but it's generally my Favourite of those categories

Rap:

:OMG:

oh Weapon X,i'm so disappointed..........tss tss tss.....i can understand that people like other styles,really i can.......but RAP,it's not a style......:puke:

:saint:

I think saying rap isn't a musical style is pretty stupid.

I enjoy UK Hip-Hop mostly, stuff like Klashnekoff, Life, Jehst, Norf n Lights, Lowkey, shit like that.. Good, intelligent, lyricists. All that US 'gansta rap shit' is whats giving the rap world a bad name.. they have shit lyrics and shit flows. I have always enjoyed more old skool stuff like Jurassic 5 abd Cypress Hill. :D

oh Weapon X,i'm so disappointed..........tss tss tss.....i can understand that people like other styles,really i can.......but RAP,it's not a style......:puke:

:saint:
:danceboy: Don`t make me spank you!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
I slightly disagree with the Gangsta comment. I agree with the new gangsta stuff has dried up and pretty horrible. But the original Gangsta`s NWA Dre Pac Snoop etc. back in the 90`s was fantastic. Tu Pac is the best lyricist of that time. When Rap wasn`t an easy buck like it is now. So now we get all the wannabe`s that aren`t good rappers, just have an easily marketable look/style (50cent, Lloyd Banks anyone)

Jurassic 5 and Cypress Hill are great also. Immortal Technique can tear most controversial rappers apart, but swears a little too much for my liking. I`m also starting to get into Aesop Rock

Back on metal. Cataract is fantastic and my favourite drummer. The drumming goes so well with the sound of the music, I`ve never heard a Drummer match the music as well as that guy. DryKillLogic is also another great band :)

I think saying rap isn't a musical style is pretty stupid.

I enjoy UK Hip-Hop mostly, stuff like Klashnekoff, Life, Jehst, Norf n Lights, Lowkey, shit like that.. Good, intelligent, lyricists. All that US 'gansta rap shit' is whats giving the rap world a bad name.. they have shit lyrics and shit flows. I have always enjoyed more old skool stuff like Jurassic 5 abd Cypress Hill. :D

despite what you say,i disagree.....

RAP isn't a style of music for me.....i mean,the word "music" is inevitably associated to the word "musicians"....for me,guys,girls who use electronic to make music and songs are not credible.
metal bands who use eletric guitars and electric in general are in a style,those who overuse sound effects aren't in a style (example:techno,hip-hop,dance,all this shit).

just my point of view though.

I like, it has to be said, mostly metal stuff, big Doom fan, like my thrash and death stuff, nice slice of prog, and some of the more original less cheesy power metal, outside of that I'm a big classic rock fan, I like a fair bit of classical stuff, some singer songwriter stuff from back in the day and I have a massive soft spot for mid 90s indie type stuff, I'm listening to Ocean Colour Scene right now as it happens...
I also enjoy the odd bit of dance music, although it really has to be special, hop and I like a bit of trip hop too...

I've given rap a chance but I must say that's probably the one genre in which I'm yet to find anything I like, and I don't see myself ever finding anything to my tastes in it anyway...

Jeff Buckley, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Rainbow, Queens of the Stone Age, Bob Marley, Hendrix, Neil Young, The Wurzels, Primus, Sex Pistols, Tenacious D, The Offspring, Bob Dylan, and lots of other stuff aswell :)

We listen to many of the same bands so im just going to add a few more of my favourites to your list :kickass:

Dissection
Annihilator
Ensiferum
Immortal
Wintersun
Decapitated
Xasthur
Mayhem
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Venom

Nice list!

Wintersun
Norther
Ensiferum
Death
Carcass
Megadeth
Angra
Devin Townsend Band/Strapping Young Lad
Amoral
Cynic
Emperor
Kalmah
Nevermore

Aphex Twin is class. :D

I listen to a fair amount of distinctly un-metal bands/ artists, for example:
The Prodigy
Basshunter
Fort Minor
Jill Scott
Norf n Lights
Pendulum
Public Enemy
Röyksopp
Michael Jackson
Jamiroquai
Faithless
David Bowie

plus a lot of classical music, and ambient music.