Other hobbies.

Dreamlord said:
NAD, if you like technically proficient wank music (think Gordian Knot) with raspy vocals, you might like Focus. Or if you were a big fan The Transformers when you were a kid, you'll probably like it.

Well, my recommendation came from a discussion we had about Dan Swano's Moontower. Seems like NAD likes 70's keyboards, prog rock, and death metal - with that, I figure Cynic is worth a look in.

After getting used to those bizarre vocals, I prefer Focus to Moontower. It carries a bit more depth, whereas Moontower is just Swano screaming over a warped keyboard.

JayKeeley said:
Well, my recommendation came from a discussion we had about Dan Swano's Moontower. Seems like NAD likes 70's keyboards, prog rock, and death metal - with that, I figure Cynic is worth a look in.
I like the Transformers too. :loco:

I'm probably going to pick up both Moontower and Focus eventually, proggy 70s keyboards make me giddy. I even like Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. :D

Dreamlord said:
The I suggest you pick up Focus for cheap. www.willowtip.com has it for $12 postage paid. Willowtip has faster service than The End.

In fact, pick up every copy they have in stock, and resell on eBay to the idiot contingency. I've seen it go for $40. Somebody started a rumor that Focus is a hard-to-find item, and now whenever it appears on eBay, people start bidding like crazy.

I've also see the Sigh debut (Scorn) sell at $30. I mean, why? Go to The End and buy it for $10 brand new. Pffft. People are so dumb.

:lol: That's great. Geez, whenever I bid on rare stuff I check for its rarity first. I love the used CDs that have BUY IT NOW FOR $17.99!!! and every major retailer in the country has it for under $15.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."