OUR ITINERARY AT PP - THURSDAY

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
:cool: I've been to the last two PPs. I think our schedule is pretty indicative of the "average" PP attendee:

Thursday AM - Get up. Meet other MrLonely at my place. Drink 2 bottles of Mimosas. Cab to airport. Check in. Hit bar. Drink Bloody Marys till we remember we have a flight to catch. Get on plane. Option 1 - sleep or pass out. Option 2 - Order a drink. Fuck Option 1.

Thursday Afternoon (wasn't that a Moody Blues song??) - Get off plane - hopefully after it's landed. Get handicapped cart to take us to cab area. Get in cab. Don't forget to stop by liquor store. Find biggest bottle of cheap scotch we can find. Buy two. Return to cab. Get to hotel. Check in. Blood level in alcohol system is approching unsafe high level. Get to room. Decision time. Option 1 - pass out. Option 2 - try to find ice machine, order room service open the cheap scotch. You guessed it - Fuck Option 1.

Thursday Evening - Put on anything that's black. Fortunately, every fucking thing we brought to wear is black. Good planning. Stumble to Earthlink Live. Hint to newbies - This is the advantage of staying in the same place every year. You don't get lost so easily. We like the Sheraton Suites (or is it Marriott Suites?? I can't ever remember, the other MrLonely always books the place) We like the suite, because it takes longer to trash because of the extra square footage. It also has a balcony so we can yell at the traffic and throw the horns to other drunk idiots wearing black. Note of caution: Priests and cops also have a lot of black on, so be careful. Some asshole might mistake the horns for the "Brooklyn Salute"!! Also, don't forget to put some clothes on before going out there - I know, it could happen to anybody. Oh yeah - and wait until it's dark before pissing off the balcony.

I'm sorry, where was I?? Oh yeah - Get to pre-party, hang out with other cool PP'ers, etc. You notice I didn't mention getting a drink. This is the advantage of getting totally shit-faced BEFORE arriving at the venue. You save money for CDs, and Cheetah 3. Doh :rolleyes: Also, last year, since we are from Texas, we had to explain to everyone why Rusty Cooley of Outworld wore the guitar so high and why all his guitars had more than 6 strings. After getting closer and verifying several times the string count (I counted 7, 8 and 9 on different guitars), I astutely concluded that Rusty is an over-achiever. The guitar is worn high so people in the back can see how fast he is. Obvious. I could not explain why his left hand was always a blur, however. Option 1 - I was drunk. Option 2 Rusty is a bad-ass shredder. Yup - Say it outloud - Fuck Option 1.

Friday AM ( I know the title says Thursday, but they all kinda run together) - After the pre-party is over, go to someone's room at the Granada, where there are approximately 1,237 people in a room the size of a napkin and drink their booze and eat their pizza. If any dudes have a foriegn accent and long hair, get an autograph and try to figure out later if they are famous. When all of the parties at the Granada run out of booze or some large motherfucker with a foreign accent and long hair throws you out onto Peachtree St. just because you mistook his girlfriend's 38-DD boobs for a beer - I know - could happen to anybody.

Stumble back to Sheraton or Marriott - whatever. Ask the bellhop if he would push us to our room on one of those luggage carts. This is a clever way to avoid the embarrassment of a) Not remembering your room number; and b) Forgetting how to walk. Option 1 pass out. Don't make it to Option 2. Sorry.

Sorry this was so long - got carried away. I'm at work, so I'll have to post the Friday and Saturday installments in different posts.

Chris :headbang:

Chris, that was fucking awesome! :kickass: You should write a pamphlet for PP noobs and maybe Glenn will have them in those bags we get every year! :loco:

That was absolutely hysterical! I loved it.

As for the Moody Blues, it was "Tuesday Afternoon". That's ok, if PP keeps getting more and more pre pre-party events, I can see where a Tuesday afternoon would be applicable.

Harvester said:
Before everyone books flights for Thurs, please remember that we are having metal karoke on Wed night.

Glenn H.

Oh sure, MAKE me change all my vacation plans to include an extra day off from work and a sleepless night drinking and singing way out of key...

Harvester said:
Before everyone books flights for Thurs, please remember that we are having metal karoke on Wed night.

Glenn H.
An event that should NOT be missed! Trust me. :p:hotjump:
Hope that chick (Jen?) who sang Queensryche better than Tate does now shows up and Urban too, hopefully.

Heck - the only problem is I try to get there on wednesdays, so for me thurday is a bit of a recovery day :) As I am now joining the Singles club - if you end up staggering to the wrong hotel (we're at the Hampton Inn) - just yell loud enuff and someone will find you - we should be well stocked on booze lol.

manowarfan1

The [problem with getting in Wed is we could have pooled our funds and split a luggage cart/cab etc. Sometimes I am a bit generous with the tips so it's good to have someone else there to put the reins on :)

Just talked to my buddy Jim in MD who is gonna meet me in ATL for the fest. Are there any Luggage cart racetracks in ATL? If not, we may have to improvise one and challenge the MrLonely brigade to a race :) If we cant find any amenable bellhops maybe we can find a gocart racetrack taht doesnt frown on drunk driving LOL

manowarfan1