Our Lady Of Irishtown

Falling crucifix kills woman in village

September 22, 2004

ROME, Sept 22 (Reuters) - A 67-year-old woman was killed when a three-metre tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small southern Italian town on Wednesday, police said.

The cross, which has been in the main square on Sant'Onofrio for decades, fell on Maddalena Camillo while workers were setting up lights for an annual religious festival.

Italy, home to the Vatican City, is a predominantly Roman Catholic country where crucifixes and religious icons and effigies are a common sight in most towns and villages.

Now that's irony...
hypnotized.gif

snow2fall said:
A supposedly religious woman killed by a crucifix.
Worshipping dead gods can be hazardous to your health. Once again, the perfect Xtian god didn't manage to save one of his sheep. - That's how a friend put it.
why was she supposedyl religious?? it would have been ironic if she was calling on god to strike down blasphemers. you dont understand irony. Go sit in the the corner with alanis morrisette.

I dont think any christians believe that god saves them on a regular basis, but try explaining that to a wally who uses a term like xtian :tickled: . he can sit in the corner with you and alanis. but he has to take his deluxe bullet belt off :Spin:

Bambi said:
I dont think any christians believe that god saves them on a regular basis
So tell me: What is it people pray for, if it's not a better life and help ("salvation") of some kind? And why do people refer to Jesus/ God as their "saviour"?
Bambi said:
but he has to take his deluxe bullet belt off :Spin:
He doesn't have one. :tickled:
Who else am I gonna meet in that corner apart from Alanis? Sounds like fun. :loco:

Oh, don't take it to your heart Maren, it's the usual ultra-conservative prod bashing :tickled: I think it's pretty ironic, though we have to admit people usually died on the cross.

Well, if Mehdi was killed by a falling crucifix in some backward part of the world, let's say, in a little Transylvanian village, that'd be funny.

snow2fall said:
So tell me: What is it people pray for, if it's not a better life and help ("salvation") of some kind? And why do people refer to Jesus/ God as their "saviour"?
He doesn't have one. :tickled:
Who else am I gonna meet in that corner apart from Alanis? Sounds like fun. :loco:

Can't the whole Jesus / God / Saviour-bit be an expression of peoples' conscience though?!

Whatever floats your boat, I say... as long someone is happy and don't hurt others it's fine by me...

Looking down on others (like calling them "sheep" and all of that) just because they believe in Jesus or similar is just... pretty ridiculous (imo, of course).

No harm intended.

snow2fall said:
The chances are, Jesus was alright like. Thats why people followed him cos he was a good lad and way smarter than your average Abraham. And this was all without Metal Hammer telling them to follow him, proper hardcore style like.