Our Lady Of Irishtown

Maqus said:
Oh, don't take it to your heart Maren, it's the usual ultra-conservative prod bashing :tickled: I think it's pretty ironic, though we have to admit people usually died on the cross.
hey stop stirring up sectarian tensions

Maqus said:
Well, if Mehdi was killed by a falling crucifix in some backward part of the world, let's say, in a little Transylvanian village, that'd be funny.
now thats ironic

Gronke said:
Looking down on others (like calling them "sheep" and all of that) just because they believe in Jesus or similar is just... pretty ridiculous (imo, of course).
Of course. ;) Well, I didn't call them sheep. But there's this "The Lord is my shepherd" phrase; Christians metaphorically refer to themselves as god's sheep. Doesn't mean they "look down on" themselves, does it?!

Strangelight said:
Im confused as to why shes confused.
BTW, how old is she?
just the same age as my dad (okay, 3-weeks-difference) <-- just testing your memory =)
no, it was like she said that this guy totally looks like Jesus. after I told her it's actually not the 'guy' who's talking, but Jesus. on the pic I mean ;) she didn't really understand why. also told me she thinks it's ok that I don't put my pic on because why should I, but you... you're famous, tha's what she said... just to say she hates comptuers and a totally pc-analphabet (sometimes I wish to be the same too, although recently it doesn't get on my nerves that much as it used to)

snow2fall said:
Of course. ;) Well, I didn't call them sheep. But there's this "The Lord is my shepherd" phrase; Christians metaphorically refer to themselves as god's sheep. Doesn't mean they "look down on" themselves, does it?!

I was about to flick in the above, but didn't see that it was really necessary (as I think most know that), but fair enough :)

It was your friend you said that, just as you said (didn't aim what I wrote to you) - though he used the word "sheep" in a condescending way, which is just... :puke:

Let people be what they are, and go on with it...

EDIT: and I don't know if it means that every person that consider themselves to be christian looks down on themselves due to a phrase in the bible, perhaps they do - perhaps they don't... Does it really matter though?! :)