Our often neglected woodsofypres.ca

...has now been updated (does any one ever use these things anymore?).

www.woodsofypres.ca

Maybe I'm old school, but I prefer bands to have official websites rather than just forums, myspace, etc.

The forums and such are nice for interaction, but you have to have a band that actually interacts. You seem to be very active on the forum, whereas some bands start an official forum and only check in once every 6 months (or more), which is not very effective.

I usually just come to UM for the merch (I desperately need to replace my red WoY shirt). In fact, after years of lurking, I only just registered now to put my $.02 in on the shirt ideas thread.

Maybe I'm old school, but I prefer bands to have official websites rather than just forums, myspace, etc.

The forums and such are nice for interaction, but you have to have a band that actually interacts. You seem to be very active on the forum, whereas some bands start an official forum and only check in once every 6 months (or more), which is not very effective.

I usually just come to UM for the merch (I desperately need to replace my red WoY shirt). In fact, after years of lurking, I only just registered now to put my $.02 in on the shirt ideas thread.

I would tend to agree with you (also a big fan of websites, for totally unbiased reasons :)) but they really don't encourage fan feedback. That's the advantage of myspace, facebook, blogs, forums etc. -- they're built around the people who use them, instead of being a one-way information portal.