Out for Mastering

right ... this is turning out to be a bit of a mission...
no ftp etc.
I havent got the final mix i did on me; but i can wack up one so you get an idea anyhow.
be done in ten

Well, great job on the production dude, especially the snare - it's rare that an un-muted snare doesn't make me puke my insides out, but this one has a really pleasing ring, so great job! Obviously it's way too late to do anything about it, but I feel the guitars could come up a fair bit, though I'm sure you wanted it that way if this is the final product. But from what I can hear they sound really good - what amps did you guys use?

Music-wise, well...I'm pleading the 5th, as us Americans would say :saint:

no idea what that means...lol - well this is my band; so i'll take it as a compliment ;)
Yeah tried all sorts in terms of mixing; but theres so much going on that the guitars needed to go back a bit....

On this song it was the tried and tested 5150/dual rec combination. - Guitars were gibson sg with seymour duncan jb and fender 72 thinline tele
5150 on green channel and dual rec on red channel. Marshall dsl100 for clean and lead
Orange 4x12, 57 and royer 121 into chandler tg2 and universal audio 2:610

Bass was marshall vba 400 into ampeg 8x10 with shure beta 52, into chandler tg2 - 1176.

Pimpin

Wow!

That mastering is great. The original mix is very good, but the amount of power in the snare after it has been mastered is phenominal.

So how much was the mastering? Also when you saying peaking at -6db, your mix sounded quite loud to me already, was that really -6db?

Great job man! Sounds fucking Stella!!! Great mix and great master, like you say the master has the integrity and vision of your punchy and "in yer face" mix but louder and fuller. Great stuff mate, really well done, congrats and hope it brings the mighty WT closer to world domination! hahah Congrats mateeee!!!

Wow!

That mastering is great. The original mix is very good, but the amount of power in the snare after it has been mastered is phenominal.

So how much was the mastering? Also when you saying peaking at -6db, your mix sounded quite loud to me already, was that really -6db?

aight dez.
dont think this was the final mix... just found something unmastered on my lap top just to prove a point.
but pretty sure that mix was fairly conservative in terms of level.

I noticed the vocal being WAY more up front too.

It wasnt cheap. But with the exchange rate being what it is; it was a little more reasonable
It was also less bad coz we used the After hours service.
Ue natasi is a fucking Genius

Anyone using the Massey L2007 as a ghetto reference limiter, really good, cheap plug. Props to Mr Massey, absolute genious. $89 and just as good as L2. Check it out :)
I think the massey is better than the L2....listen to how you still have a snare drum. I actually think the tern 'ghetto' is pretty misleading b/c IMO it's one of the best software limiters out there.

I disagree with most replies here.
The job of a mixing engineer is to MIX the song, obviously, that means,if it should be compressed some way to get it done the way the mixing engineer believes it shoudl sound like, then he should leave it. Im saying that every part of the chain that you put when mixing gets you to the result you want (come on , you are the one that is mixing it, not the ME)

The point being said here is, again, all the chain in the master buss IS PART of the mix.
I'm stealing words from kevin shirley's interview "KS: Don't put some top and bottom end on my mix! thats why we (mixing engineers) have knobs here!! "