OVERKILL in MA (9/12)

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
Another stellar performance from OVERKILL Friday night!
The band was on top as always. Was totally psyched to hear a couple Horrorscope tunes not heard in years. Very dissapointed in getting just ONE song from Taking Over.

95 minutes! Sounded FANTASTIC! This was my 14th OVERKILL show in 17 years and these guys ALWAYS sound KILLER!!!!!
icon_twisted.gif

DEVIL BY THE TAIL
NECROSHINE
HAMMERHEAD/POWERSURGE
HELLO FROM THE GUTTER
INFECTIOUS
DAMNED
THUNDERHEAD
BASTARD NATION
SUPERSONIC HATE
UNHOLY
LONG TIME DYIN'
EVIL NEVER DIES
BATTLE
ROTTEN TO THE CORE
NEW MACHINE
ELIMINATION
FUCK YOU

Very cool of Blitz to pay tribute to Dr Metal, the dj who lost his life with 99 others in the fire 7 months ago here in Rhode Island. Blitz dedicated Hammerhead to the doc and then as he left the stage at the close of the show said "god bless dr metal"

Sounds like you had killer night! However, the setlist isn't perfect- only one song from Taking Over and just two from The Years Of Decay- their two arguably best records (apart from H-scope, according to some). That's rather disappointing. But when you have 13 studio albums it's pretty hard to prepare a setlist that will please everybody, I guess.

Fuck yeah! I'm going to see them for the 11th time on 9/23. I know it will be a killer show, they always are. Overkill are one of my all time favorite bands, and are in my top three live bands! I wish they were playing a couple more off of Killbox, which is my favorite album so far this year. At least they're playing my fave song from the new album, Unholy.

I too would have liked to hear more new songs from Killbox 13. I think its time to DROP Elimination, Rotten to the Core and Fuck You in favor of another new song, something else from Feel the Fire and something else from Taking Over.

Argh, all you lucky bastards...I'd kill to see them, but they NEVER come out west.

Drop Fuck You from the set?! SACRILEGE! I'd be pretty happy if they dropped Rotten To the Core for Feel the Fire," but Elimination is a classic on the highest level, and Fuck You is a MUST. I'd say drop Supersonic Hate & New Machine for Gasoline Dream (their best) & Nice Day For A Funeral (close).

I saw these guys back in '94 at a tiny club in Portland and they were amazing! They sounded so crisp and clear..I was blown away! That show has to be one of the best sounding live gigs I've ever been to! If you've never seen them..do yourself a favor and GO when they come around! They shred!

Drop Fuck You from the set?! SACRILEGE!
FUCK STAPLES!! They are for rock stars, not thrash bands. There's no "hits" in thrash metal, Ive heard Fuck You live 14 times now, want to hear something different for a change like "Fear His Name" or "Second Son" neither which have been played in a long ass time.

I'd be pretty happy if they dropped Rotten To the Core for Feel the Fire,"
They played Feel the Fire in MA, the night before they recorded the DVD in NJ, but for some reason they didnt play it for the dvd recording. Yeah, RTTC is another way overplayed track.

but Elimination is a classic on the highest level, and Fuck You is a MUST.
Nah, Elimination is another one thats been played live to death! Time to change. I already gave you my take on F.U. They should end the set with their other theme song "OVERKILL" for the next few years now.

I'd say drop Supersonic Hate & New Machine for Gasoline Dream (their best) & Nice Day For A Funeral (close)
No chance! Supersonic Hate sounded killer! and New Machine hasnt been played live in YEARS! You'd be on crack to want that dropped, they just added it in bro!! Ive seen them play Gasoline Dream a few times.

They have ALWAYS played Coma. I think this was the first time they didnt play it since its release. CHANGE IS GOOD! Are you kidding trading in Coma and getting New Machine AND Infectious was KILLER!!!

Fuck, more bands should change shit the fuck up once in awhile, its makes for a way better show. Deny The Cross is also usually played.