OVERKILL

putihsom

Judge, Jury, Executioner
Sep 6, 2007
Hamburg City
Hey people,

just came home from the Overkill-gig here in Hamburg. And let me tell you one thing: until DANTHRAX proves something different, Overkill is by far the best live band on this planet!!! This was the best metal-gig I have been to for many many years and I am a metal head for quite some time now. If you have any chance to see OVERKILL live, go out there and check them out, they deserve it! It was my first OVERKILL headline gig, have seen them before three times as supporter for Halford and on the Wacken Open Air, and it really ruled! Be there or be a sucker! If you are a fan of Thrash Metal, you must go out there and check them out! As I said, this band deserves it!!!

Still excited,

putihsom

Oh, I almost forgot they were supported by MORTAL SIN from Australia. Nice! Australia, Australia, Australia we love you, amen!

Horns for Mortal Sin. Last time a lot of Aussies saw them play live may've been on the Anthrax reunion tour here in 05. Great band in their heyday especially.

Out of interest - what sort of size crowd did Overkill pull? What size venue was it? I just am curious to see what sort of crowds these guys still pull these days.

Its a shame, i havent seen Overkill Gig at Hamburg, its so near but i have to work yeasterday and this day.

Where they play ed Markethall or Docks?

Markthalle. For a weekday it was quite full. Had to work yesterday, too. Was hard with aching head and neck and no voice left...:zombie:

Horns for Mortal Sin. Last time a lot of Aussies saw them play live may've been on the Anthrax reunion tour here in 05. Great band in their heyday especially.

Out of interest - what sort of size crowd did Overkill pull? What size venue was it? I just am curious to see what sort of crowds these guys still pull these days.

Sorry for the double post (my second one on this thread). Markthalle in Hamburg has a capacity of about 1.000 I guess. Were maybe 500-600 there on wednesday, I think. I am not that good at counting while banging shouting and drinking.

Mortal Sin really rocked!:headbang:

MORTAL SIN :) Awesome! Love that band.

Love Mortal Sin as well. The new album is fucking Mega. I seem to remember Andy was active on this board a year or two ago.

Love Mortal Sin as well. The new album is fucking Mega. I seem to remember Andy was active on this board a year or two ago.

Yeah he was. I remember posting a few MS related things and he responded, mainly cause they did the Australian support run at that time. He's a mega cool guy.

I never really liked Overkill at all back in the day but I've really liked what little I've heard of their new stuff. If they ever come close enough I'll definitely check them out live.

I never really liked Overkill at all back in the day but I've really liked what little I've heard of their new stuff. If they ever come close enough I'll definitely check them out live.

Check out the last three albums and enjoy them more than once, they´re getting better and better each time I listen to them.