Overlooked songs

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
I was listening to Fate of Norns and I realized that while I've heard pursuit of vikings and an ancient sign 89686 times, I've only listened to Where Death Seems To Dwell maybe 4 times. I also realized that it's a really cool song - pretty unique for AA; fairly slow, semi-clean vocals, really really grim. I also realized the Valkyries Ride is a great song. And AA have a whole bunch of these songs that sorta get overlooked because they're overshadowed by other songs that are fucking amazing.

So this thread is in tribute to those songs, basically.

Where Death Seems To Dwell
Valkyries Ride
Arson (how many of you just skip straight to Once Sworn?)
Across The Rainbow Bridge
God, His Son, and Holy Whore

etc

Of course, I'm sure some of you love these; overlooked is a relative measure.

I was listening to Fate of Norns and I realized that while I've heard pursuit of vikings and an ancient sign 89686 times, I've only listened to Where Death Seems To Dwell maybe 4 times. I also realized that it's a really cool song - pretty unique for AA; fairly slow, semi-clean vocals, really really grim. I also realized the Valkyries Ride is a great song. And AA have a whole bunch of these songs that sorta get overlooked because they're overshadowed by other songs that are fucking amazing.

Valkyries Ride

etc

Funny, all those songs you mentioned are absolutely not at all overlooked by me, especially Across the Rainbow Bridge which I think is damn bad ass. Versus the World album wouldn't be the same without it.

Very relative indeed.

I too overlook many songs. Some I don't know that much at all, even some badass ones like Releasing Surtur's Fire (yeah, what a shame).

accros the rainbow is actually one of my fav. espically when he grows twice each 8 secs ::D

y cant death just send me freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee \m/ amazing song

All of those songs are some of my favorites!

I have always thought they were overlooked, but at least there's a few of us who haven't :headbang::headbang:

The Fall Through Ginnungagap, Eyes of Horror and Burning Creation are overlooked in my opinion. And they are fucking killer songs!

The Fall Through Ginnungagap, Eyes of Horror and Burning Creation are overlooked in my opinion. And they are fucking killer songs!
Eyes of Horror is a cover of Possessed. Burning Creation doesn't really count because it's only available these days as a bonus track on the special edition of VtW, but it is fucking badass. I'm not a big fan of fall through ginnungagap, but it is cool; more atmospheric than most AA songs.

I think Arson might be my favourite off of FoN. Fucking incredible buildup throughout the song, and the story in the lyrics...my god the story!

Ah what???
What about AA's MCD Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds?

These days! Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds is no longer being printed. Unless I'm wrong about that, in which case I'll feel like a dumbass. But basically, yeah, that's how most people get that stuff.

These days! Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds is no longer being printed. Unless I'm wrong about that, in which case I'll feel like a dumbass. But basically, yeah, that's how most people get that stuff.

Yeah, bru, but it STILL "counts".

Because it is awesome!
:kickass:

Valkyries Ride

etc

Across The Rainbow Bridge - is killer. Yes I have skipped over Arson... :cry:

With any album i buy i have a tendency to immediately gravitate towards the faster songs and overlook the slower songs for a while.

For instance for the first 6 or 7 months that i owned Once Sent from Golden Hall I never played the eponymous track Amon Amarth all the way through. I just kept skipping past it. Then one day the song came on my mp3 player as i was cleaning my bathroom i think. My hands were dirty and i didn't want to reach into my pocket, so i just let the song play. That was the moment i discovered the pure genius of the song and it's been one of my favorites ever since. :)

Same thing with Arson. I had long skipped past it but one day i was riding my bike and decided to let the song play through as my mp3 player was hard to reach. It put me in a trance and i was totally blown away by its power and depth. You could make a fuckin' movie out that song. The sense of history and "feel" for events in the lyrics, in combination with the music, are simply magnificent.

With any album i buy i have a tendency to immediately gravitate towards the faster songs and overlook the slower songs for a while.

For instance for the first 6 or 7 months that i owned Once Sent from Golden Hall I never played the eponymous track Amon Amarth all the way through. I just kept skipping past it. Then one day the song came on my mp3 player as i was cleaning my bathroom i think. My hands were dirty and i didn't want to reach into my pocket, so i just let the song play. That was the moment i discovered the pure genius of the song and it's been one of my favorites ever since. :)

Same thing with Arson. I had long skipped past it but one day i was riding my bike and decided to let the song play through as my mp3 player was hard to reach. It put me in a trance and i was totally blown away by its power and depth. You could make a fuckin' movie out that song. The sense of history and "feel" for events in the lyrics, in combination with the music, are simply magnificent.

lol...:lol: