Ozzfest 2005. Which bands you guys like to see?

Pyrus said:
The second stage sucked dick, as did BLS and Phil Anselmo's latest piece of shit. Dimmu Borgir was surprisingly decent. Slayer was damn good (Chemical Warfare, motherfuckers!), Black Sabbath was pretty cool with a great stage show, and of course Judas Priest owned fucking everything.

But yeah, without Priest it wouldn't have been worth it.

BLS sucked? No way. Unless they played completely different than from what i hear and from the dvd i saw. I wanted to go to ozzfest pretty much for BLS.

im not in ohio, im in california - although i do hear that the midwest and east coasts have some good fests and tours.

anyone know a good fest coming my way?

Pyrus said:
I strongly dislike Black Label Society's watered down groovecore. Zakk's a good lead guitarist, but his riffwork is shite.

I really disagree. I think the riffwork is really amazing. I see you dont like them, but i think that he makes up some of the greatest riffs and has some killer solos.

EternalMetal said:
BLS sucked? No way. Unless they played completely different than from what i hear and from the dvd i saw. I wanted to go to ozzfest pretty much for BLS.

They didn't really suck, they were okay, but they didn't put on a great show, either. They just seemed to be going through the motions, and that's all.

1st stage:
Arch Enemy
In Flames (old stuff only....asses)
Dark Tranquility
Bathory (If that fuck Quorthon didn't go and die on us like he did)
Borknagar

2nd Stage:
Symphony X
Gamma Ray
Galloglass
Iron Maiden
Dungeon

PS. Anyone who would ever want to see Slipknot needs to be lobotomized... or pithed... take your pick.

I never liked the OzzTits festivals, but this year was okay. The reason I don't like to see any band on OzzPest because the good bands will be jamming and the next band comes in will be nu-crap-metal band.
It's not good if Iced Earth are jamming in one part of the festival then Slapnuts comes in after IE.

It will be mixed up than my aunt's salad bowl!

First off, Ozzy sounded great during this years Black Sabbath set. That being said I think he should just announce bands from now on so he can "go out with some dignity". I'll never bash the Godfather Of Modern Metal® like some people but I do think he should retire now. By the way, Dio is my favorite all time singer but I won't include him in here. I have to be somewhat realistic and we know he would never come close to an Ozzfest! Anyway here is my list:

Main Stage:

Judas Priest (They get the headlining spot this time!)
Iron Maiden
Tool
Opeth
Slayer
Overkill
Samael

Second Stage:

Nevermore
Iced Earth
Evergrey
System Of A Down
Machine Head
Obituary
Lacuna Coil
Lamb Of God

Main Stage:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Motorhead
Type-O-Negative
Helloween

Second Stage:

Testament/Exodus
Blaze
Mastodon
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Sentenced
Neurosis
Elvenking
Beyond The Embrace

Triumphant Apostle said:
First off, Ozzy sounded great during this years Black Sabbath set. That being said I think he should just announce bands from now on so he can "go out with some dignity". I'll never bash the Godfather Of Modern Metal® like some people but I do think he should retire now.

You've got a point, dude!!! Ozzy did a great job in the metal scene and he did more than enough!! People just started to hate him because of "The Osbournes" but I cannot say Ozzy isn't a great music man. His solo career was good and had classic albums like: "Dairy Of A Madman, Blizzard Of Ozz, No More Tears." You gotta respect the dude.