Ozzfest

General Zod said:
While I think there's good reason to paint a lot of the Core bands with a broad brush, I also think there are some bands, who either rightly or wrongly, get lumped into that genre that write some really kick-ass songs.

Actually, when I think about it, and comparing to the rest of the bands, Arch Enemy would have probably been my #3 band yesterday after Maiden and Sabbath, had they not cancelled (or start so early in the day so I would have missed them anyway). After Maiden and Sabbath, they would have probably been the most "metal" oriented of bands on the roster.

Goddamn, I was so in dire need of some real metal yesterday amidst all that -core and corporate radio rock stuff. What that show needed was a Manticora, Destroyer 666, or Testament. With that said, I liked kicking back and drinking cold beer in the cool shade next to the hot sun. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
Goddamn, I was so in dire need of some real metal yesterday amidst all that -core and corporate radio rock stuff. What that show needed was a Manticora, Destroyer 666, or Testament. With that said, I liked kicking back and drinking cold beer in the cool shade next to the hot sun. :cool:
Agreed. There's dozens of bands we could have come up with, for the second stage, that would have made this a much better tour.

By the way, Destroyer 666 is a name I've seen a number of times around here. What should I check out by them?

I'm sorry I didn't catch all of Mastadon's set. From the little bit I heard, they were really tight.

Zod

JayKeeley said:
Actually, when I think about it, and comparing to the rest of the bands, Arch Enemy would have probably been my #3 band yesterday after Maiden and Sabbath, had they not cancelled (or start so early in the day so I would have missed them anyway). After Maiden and Sabbath, they would have probably been the most "metal" oriented of bands on the roster.

wasn't The Haunted playing as well? ... although all their material sounds all like one song nowadays.

wow ... what a total crap lineup for 06 ... if this doesn't bury this festival forever, I don't know what will ...

there is not ONE band worth seeing here

Ozzfest.com has released the official lineup for this year's Ozzfest. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
DISTURBED
TBA**
HATEBREED
LACUNA COIL

**Major main-stage band to be announced on May 23

Second Stage:

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ATREYU
UNEARTH
BLEEDING THROUGH
NORMA JEAN

Second Stage (rotating):

A LIFE ONCE LOST
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THE RED CHORD
FULL BLOWN CHAOS
WALLS OF JERICHO
ALL THAT REMAINS
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

I'd like to see Lacuna Coil, but not in that sort of setting. Same for Black Label Society.

I bet Disturbed puts on a pretty good show, "Believe" is a good rock album. But, there's no way in hell I can see myself ever going to Ozzfest. Considered it when Dimmu was headlining and still thought "fuck that." America needs more "European" style festivals NOW. And one of them needs to be located near where I am for fucks sake. Minnesota is a bit far away and the atmosphere here is so well suited for a pagan style festival in winter or a summer festival somewhere like Denver where it's cool year round. Any type of music would fit then.