Ozzy Osbourne

I still like Ozzy as an entertainer (not as an "artist" as he's never written anything...) but those re-recordings of the first albums are such a disgrace and I can't believe he let Sharon do that.

I still like Ozzy as an entertainer (not as an "artist" as he's never written anything...) but those re-recordings of the first albums are such a disgrace and I can't believe he let Sharon do that.

I wouldn't say he didnt write anything just because he doesn't know how to play a instrument. Ozzy has admitted at least in the Randy years he came up with alot of the melodies and such as well as the lyrics.... the guitarists admit this as well...

Lost a lot of respect after seeing the "Prince of Darkness" in "The Osbournes"
I suppose his evil wife made him do it or that he's too brain dead to even know what it is that he is doing.
Anyhow, he should just be heard and not seen as far as I'm concerned.

I don't blame him for continuing, although I personal wish he would call it a day. But how he lives his life is his business or his wife's:heh:

I would have to say it's mostly Sharon bossing him around. I won a radio contest a couple years ago and got to hang out in studio while Ozzy & Tony did a 2 hour 'Rockline' show. The Rockline host asked Ozzy if 'The Osbournes' was making him rich and he replied rather matter-of-factly, "My wife, maybe..." He made a couple remarks off camera that hinted he would like to retire but Sharon wouldn't let him.
It's sad what he's become. Blizzard of Ozz was the album that got me into rock, so it really sucks to see him go way downhill the last few years.

When was he ever overrated as a vocalist? People know his name but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say he was an amazing singer. His music was great, but the vocals have never been the high point - sort of like Roth-era Van Halen.

That being said Over the Mountain is a hard song to sing, so not everything he did was awful vocally.

And yes, Dio (and Martin/Gillen, etc.) are much better than Ozzy vocally.

You know, while I agree Dio, Gillen and Martin have finer voices, Ozzy really did quite a bit with what he has vocally. His performances on the first four or five Sabbath albums showed less technical singing than, say, Dio, but a lot of feeling. He also has much more high range than most people realize. He can sing.

I would have to say it's mostly Sharon bossing him around. I won a radio contest a couple years ago and got to hang out in studio while Ozzy & Tony did a 2 hour 'Rockline' show. The Rockline host asked Ozzy if 'The Osbournes' was making him rich and he replied rather matter-of-factly, "My wife, maybe..." He made a couple remarks off camera that hinted he would like to retire but Sharon wouldn't let him.
It's sad what he's become. Blizzard of Ozz was the album that got me into rock, so it really sucks to see him go way downhill the last few years.

Rock? :erk: please don't call that album or Ozzy rock when it's metal like others do with AC/DC... :cry:

You know, while I agree Dio, Gillen and Martin have finer voices, Ozzy really did quite a bit with what he has vocally. His performances on the first four or five Sabbath albums showed less technical singing than, say, Dio, but a lot of feeling. He also has much more high range than most people realize. He can sing.

I liken Ozzy to David Lee Roth... both are not great singers though they aren't bad imo neither... but both are great entertainers and give the songs alot more Life then any other singer after them... plus they both have distinctive voices that you can tell it is them once you hear the first word on a song... I personally like Ozzy's voice and do not think that Dio and the other Sabbath singers give the early Sabbath songs justice... maybe im biased because I'm a big early Ozzy fan as well as a big early Sabbath fan...

It pisses me off to see the world laughing at Ozzy - they don't know him like I do. My world changed when I was 13 and heard 'Blizzard of Ozz' for the first time.

It pisses me off to see the world laughing at Ozzy - they don't know him like I do. My world changed when I was 13 and heard 'Blizzard of Ozz' for the first time.

Granted, Ozzy has done more than his share for metal and metalheads. I think Sharon is just as much to blame for people laughing at him as anyone. It would be nice if she would decide that they have enough money and let him fade into the background so it's easier for all of us to remember him as he was and not how he is.

Sharons life with him hasnt been easy, and she was the driving force to get him to clean up his act so to speak, but I think its sad to see someone who was so cool being paraded on a reality Tv show, and you can see what its done to the kids.

Granted, Ozzy has done more than his share for metal and metalheads. I think Sharon is just as much to blame for people laughing at him as anyone. It would be nice if she would decide that they have enough money and let him fade into the background so it's easier for all of us to remember him as he was and not how he is.

You know, earlier this year, I'd completely agree (and still do to an extent) but, I'm very excited for his new album. The material sounds much like No More Tears and seems very good.

Sharons life with him hasnt been easy, and she was the driving force to get him to clean up his act so to speak, but I think its sad to see someone who was so cool being paraded on a reality Tv show, and you can see what its done to the kids.

The kids were always messed up.. the show had nothing to do with that lol ...

You know, earlier this year, I'd completely agree (and still do to an extent) but, I'm very excited for his new album. The material sounds much like No More Tears and seems very good.

I've not heard any of his new material. That's what I hope for with Ozzy, one more classic album (at least as good as No Rest or No More), and then he retires. It's the only hope he has of erasing his recent years from his legacy. He deserves to go out on top.

Living with someone who has an addiction is always hard:p eggs or not lol. I do think tho the show gave the kids too much fame and more exposure they didnt really need, I guess Sharon has to fund her surgery somehow tho:)

Well it is true, surgery to that degree costs a lot! Shes had more nips and tucks than Ive had hot dinners:lol: Seriously tho I guess shes sold him out a bit, she comes across always as totally sorted and he looks like a poor confused old man, its sad to see him like that

A heavy metal living legend. Need I say more? Before he made it big he was just a normal joe with bipolar disease humping a shitty job. He got kicked out of Black Sabbath, but came back solo stronger than ever. He's battled depression, alcohol and drug abuse problems but came out of the smoke victorious. His music and his life story is an inspiriation to me.

just my 2 cents.

Ozzy did some great stuff in the past. He was part of the band that invented heavy metal and released some killer albums, he released some excellent solo albums, up until No More Tears. Since then (16 years), only 2 new studio albums (which were just OK IMO), and some live stuff with Sabbath (with 2 new studio songs that were average). Now, he can't sing live anymore and maybe should stop touring, cause he can't cut it anymore most of the time and that's sad...

I'm interested with the new studio album anyway, cause you can always do tricks in the studio to make the vocals sound good, so that should do. Hopefully the new disc will be better than the last 2 ones.

Well it is true, surgery to that degree costs a lot! Shes had more nips and tucks than Ive had hot dinners:lol: Seriously tho I guess shes sold him out a bit, she comes across always as totally sorted and he looks like a poor confused old man, its sad to see him like that

We all agree on this, but the fact remians she drained him and made him a shadow of what he used to be. He started his own addiction but she didn't help him as much as used him IMO.

Anyway, is always good to have someone to hate :heh:

NP: Yes - 'Sounnd Chaser'