Ozzy Pushes His Daughter......Onto His Next Album?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
OZZY OSBOURNE Re-Records BLACK SABBATH Classic With Daughter KELLY
OZZY OSBOURNE has re-recorded the classic BLACK SABBATH tune "Changes" as a duet with his daughter Kelly for inclusion on his next album. "I don't think her music and my music are anything like each other," Ozzy said of their upcoming joint shows in the U.K., "but if anyone throws one fucking thing at my daughter, I'm on that stage with a baseball bat."

From BlabberMouth.Net

That is wrong in sooooo many ways. She really doesn't have any talent, and her parents are coddling her. Haven't they made enough $$ that their daughter will be comfortable for the rest of her life w/o shoving her down everyone's throat?

Damnit, Damnit, Damnit! I can't stress that enough. I remember Tony Iommi saying that the reason that all the original line up's names are on all the songs was so there won't be any arguing about rights and that everything would be divided evenly(Even though Ozzy never wrote the lyrics to Sabbath stuff anyways, thats from Iommi himself, I still have the interview). Now look what its done, its giving Ozzy's wife a chance to butcher a good Sabbath tune. I mean lets face it, the only decision Ozzy really makes for himself it to go to the bathroom every once in a while which I'm sure he fails to do on certain occasions. Sharon calls the shots Ozzy sold his free will to a perma-semi-sedated life from drug abuse.
Is nothing Sacred? Next thing you'll know In Flames will sell out..........what a sec!!

pest666 said:
That is wrong in sooooo many ways. She really doesn't have any talent, and her parents are coddling her. Haven't they made enough $$ that their daughter will be comfortable for the rest of her life w/o shoving her down everyone's throat?

You can say that again , she has no talent. I am SO over the whole Osbourne kids. Everyone knows she can't sing worth a crap. Their on their way out anyway. She has enough money for the rest of her life to keep buying more food !

Now they have to go and ruin a classic Sabbath songs!!???? :yell:

What's next? Is Jack going to learn how to play the guitar and re-record the Blizzard of Oz record? BAH o_O

I s anyone really surprised? I mean Ozzy is a total sellout and he's ruining all sorts of classics. Look what he did to those 2 albums he rerecorded bass and drum tracks on. All he cares about is money anymore........

I don't even think Ozzy realizes that he has sold out, he became such an invalid from all that shit he took. It seems like Sharon is taking advantage of the Osbourne name....

I have always thought of Ozzy as being over-rated so I don't really give a damn.

LIZ METAL said:
I have always thought of Ozzy as being over-rated so I don't really give a damn.

Well Liz, if you go back and listen to Blizzard Of Ozz.....or Diary Of A Madman.......or have heard of a guitarist named Randy Rhoads(who died)........
and understood what Ozzy & Randy contributed to the Metal World(besides just Sabbath)........then you'd see their, actually under rated.........
When Ozzy broke out with Randy, after Sabbath, they were as heavy as it got, & their influence redefined future Metal, much the same as, Eddie Van Halen & his group, Van Halen did also. But you probably think Van Halen's(pre-Hagar) over rated also.............
I guess to really appeciate their significant contributions......you'd have to live through it.....and not be born after it.......Maybe you don't know that Randy was one of the best guitar players of all time,
& for you to say that Ozzy & his band, are over rated is an ignorant statement.......and I'm positive most knowledgeable Metal people would agree with me.......! In Randy's short time with Ozzy, those two albums are classic masterpieces, & a blue print of future metal evolution. If you look at Ozzy's work at that time period(comparied with other bands of that era), he was light years ahead of everyone except maybe, & I say maybe,........Eddie Van Halen. Randy Rhoads early death(at that time), even shook me more than Cliff Burton's passing.........And I think
Ozzy with Sabbath was totally classic also(although I favor post Sabbath Ozzy with Randy, better), Ozzy's work in Black Sabbath overated, come on Liz..........
To say Ozzy's over rated, is like saying Leonardo Devinci is also........& The Mona Lisa is just another painting........wrong classic forever...........:devil:....and EVER!

i gotta agree - ozzy back then, when it was mainly about the music, was probably the best you could get in metal - he had the best group by miles, and also he kicked ass by having the attitude as well...

but now, especially since the whole tv thing has blown everything out of proportions, he seems to have totally sold out and i find everything that he has done recently extremely boring.

oh well, there's another one...

Exactly... I think Liz just meant that Ozzy is overrated. Cause, you know, he's a fucking awful singer. I doubt she meant any disrespect to Sabbath, Rhoads, etc.

You don't have to live through something to appreciate it, -but- it doesn't have the same impact, cause a million bands have done similar things since.

Read my post again there DE....I said OZZY IS OVERRATED

Maybe you don't know that Randy was one of the best guitar players of all time

Deadly...I'm a fucking Metalhead, of course I know who the hell Randy Rhodes is. Just because I'm not as old as you are doesn't mean that I'm fucking brain dead.

But you probably think Van Halen's(pre-Hagar) over rated also.............

No, I just think their music sucks.

& for you to say that Ozzy & his band, are over rated is an ignorant statement.......

Again, I said Ozzy...not the band. And to say my statement is ignorant is false. Twisting my statement is ignorant.

To say Ozzy's over rated, is like saying Leonardo Devinci is also........

Leonardo da Vinci is an artist, an inventor, a sulptor amongst others. Ozzy is a man most undeserving to be hailed a god. At least Da Vinci created is own works of art and didn't have someone else do it for him.
In closing DE, you gotta stop and read, make sure you understand, ask me if you don't, then accuse me. Alrighty, darl?

:wave: and thanks to you other guys :wave:

Deadly Embrace said:
Maybe you don't know that Randy was one of the best guitar players of all time,
& for you to say that Ozzy & his band, are over rated is an ignorant statement.......and I'm positive most knowledgeable Metal people would agree with me.......! In Randy's short time with Ozzy, those two albums are classic masterpieces, & a blue print of future metal evolution.

I could not agree more DE. Randy Rhoads was so under-rated and ahead of his time. RR has always been one of those people that inspired me to play guitar!! I love EVH and he's an amazing player, but Randy Rhoads' records w/ Ozzy are truly blueprints for TONS of players that came after him. Back then there weren't 7000 bands that have a record out to compare it to. It was truly original.

I could not have said it better myself. Ozzy and Randy were the kings.

Thank You for clarifying your statement, I did assume more than you meant.......my fault, although I don't think Ozzy stinks, he is not the same man physically as he once was,& that has affected his career in recent years. But he is Ozzy Osbourne, who had control over his band 100%.Blizzard Of Ozz, & Diary Of A Madman are two of the most classic Heavy Metal albums of all time. Randy wrote licks, Ozzy put everything else together from scratch, & hand picked an unknown guitar legend & allstar lineup. Ever since Sabbath, Ozzy(& Sharon) decides & has control of everything thing. I'm seeing him Tuesday at the Ozz Fest, I keep saying this could be the last time I see him live, it's still fun to see Ozzy jam...........at least for me anyway......Sorry to assume to much Liz......but I'm just sticking up for my old(like me) Rock Legends.......I grew up with him influencing
me aloooooooooooooooooooot!

How Can Anyone compare a tv show to true heavy metal music??? I just don't understand this. I grew up on Paranoid, War Pigs, Fairies, etc. THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR ROCK N ROLL FOR FU**s SAKE.

Deadly Embrace said:
I'm seeing him Tuesday at the Ozz Fest, I keep saying this could be the last time I see him live, it's still fun to see Ozzy jam...........at least for me anyway......
me aloooooooooooooooooooot!

The Reunion Tour was fantastic. Someone made a comment about his singing voice, saying he can't sing. o_O Everyone has their own opinion, and alas this comment came from Cananda. :tickled: :Smug:

Out of curiosity, how much of the songs on the first two albums were written by Bob Daisley?

Funny Ozzy mentions people chucking stuff at Kelly...in this week's Kerrang they were making all sorts of excuses for why throwing bottles of beer at Kelly Osbourne is NOT COOL:

"Whether you like her or not, it's a simple fact that if a half-full can of beer were to connect with someone's head from a greatheight, it could KILL them"

Unless angry fans managed to get into the rafters of the Millenium Dome (where the gig was held) to lob beer at Kelly, this statement is totally pointless. The other extracts don't need copying, basically they're making excuses for a pop tart. If she weren't Ozzy's kid, Kerrap wouldn't have given a shit. Were they making excuses for Atomic Kitten when they got pelted at Reading a few years back? Irony of ironies that this happened at a punk/skate/BMX festival...Kelly's fucking commercial sellout shit. Less of it.

Let's get one thing straight...
Ozzy has indeed been a very influential part of metal and has appeared on many classic albums, both with Sabbath and later solo.
BUT...
His participation on those albums was minimal besides the singing, which I think we can all agree on the fact that Ozzy never was a great singer. A great showman, yes, but what little voice he had is long gone.
The songwriting on Sabbath albums was Tony Iommi - music and Geezer Butler - lyrics. Ozzy would only occasionaly supply a vocal melody line.