Fuckin' Rod Smallwood! Grrrr.....

The_Prisoner

I died at Paschendale
Sep 30, 2002
The land of many crows...
Visit site
15 Sep 2003 Kelly Osbourne (daughter of Ozzy) has signed a new deal with Sanctuary records - the label set up by Iron Maiden's management company Sanctuary.

Ozzy Osbourne's daughter will re-issue her debut album, 'Shut Up', the new name of 'Changes' with four bonus tracks - one being the title track which is a duet with her father of the '72 Black Sabbath classic.

A reissue of a debut album. With bonus tracks. That has to be a record. Rod Smallwood is blazing trails people, blazing trails. What an innovater.

Hehe... will Sanctuary release a Best of album as well... lol

Maybe a collectors edition lunch box thingy or ....

you get the idea..

If you've just signed an artist and have rights to the back catalog, why wouldn't you try and make money off it? Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's actually what all (well, maybe most) the Maiden re-issues were. They changed labels a couple of time in the States, I believe. If not labels, distributors. Or something like that anyway.

In summary, I don't have a problem with this.

The back catalog in this case being an album released 6 months ago... Thats still widely available. I have a problem with you not having a problem with this phloggy. Theres making money then theres greed and contempt. I leave it to you to work out which side Rod lives and breathes on :)

Reading my last post, it appears that I may have given the wrong impression.

I don't have a problem with this, mainly because I don't give shit. She could reissue her album every week for the next year, but I don't care because I'm not going to buy any of 'em. She'd be extraordinarily luck if I even downloaded any of them. She could make pots and pots of money, and still I don't care. Rod can do just about whatever the hell he wants to, and it would still register fairly low on the care scale, unless it was bringing Maiden our way.