Ozzy with Gus G. @ Blizzcon (video)

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
Gus shreds it up, Jake E. Lee style (nice to hear Ozzy's current guitarist play this song fucking properly...):

Moar shredz:

:headbang::kickass:

PS - I'm actually stoked to hear some minor vocal fuck-ups from Ozzy, rather than backing tracks or whatever. He still sounds great! Also cool to see the keyboardist on stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Gus G plays like a fuckin' god.. but it doesnt feel like he means what he is playing, if you know what i mean.
And its pretty boring with a lead guitarist that just stands there on the same spot and headbangs.

But playing more like Jake. Actually, he's really acting and playing more like himself in Firewind. I don't see any issues here, and I think Gus could write an amazing Ozzy record. I hope it happens. I fully support this, I think it's pure epic win.

Yeah, musically and in studio i think it will be epic.
But Gus G REALLY has to practice on his stage presence.. because he will be measured against Randy, Jake and Zakk, which is tough to beat(NOTE: NOT PLAYING WISE.).

But Gus G REALLY has to practice on his stage presence.. because he will be measured against Randy, Jake and Zakk, which is tough to beat(NOTE: NOT PLAYING WISE.).

Eh, I've seen Ozzy with Zakk. A few times. I thought he was boring actually, compared to Gus, or compared to almost anyone I know who plays guitar. :lol:

Randy and Jake are legends. I don't know if anyone can ever replace them in the true sense of the word. :worship:

i dunno, everyone has their take on zakk, but wen hes not doin pentatonic wankery and hes doin things like his solo stuff and especially on farm fiddling, hes one hell of a hybrid player!!

but gus looks great! ozzys still using the backing tracks i see, and he really needs to drop em down a step for his vox to work on em!!

wonder how long it'll be before sharon sacks this one too!

i'll admit gus is awesome, but ozzy needs to sort his vocals out. he sounds like a boy hitting puberty, imo.

i dunno, everyone has their take on zakk, but wen hes not doin pentatonic wankery and hes doin things like his solo stuff and especially on farm fiddling, hes one hell of a hybrid player!!

Yeah, he's just gotten incredible lazy creative-wise in this decade. There's a reason why this guy became a guitar hero in the first place, way before he turned into this larger-than-life persona.

I'd take a Zakk Wylde in his heyday over all the Gus G's in this world at any second.

He's gotten where he is because he used to be an outstanding player, outstanding writer (Book Of Shadows...) with a unique sound and style.

Used to be - sadly are the keywords here...

Gus G, to me, is just another run-of-the-mill shredder. Maybe one of the better ones, but so far away from his famous precedessors (and I'm surely not talking about notes per second here). And I seriously doubt he'll be able to resuscitate a guy's career, who hasn't been but a puppet on a string for so long now. Hell, Ozzy couldn't even remember his drummer's name (Tommy Clufetos) at Blizzcon...

But what irks me the most is how this was handled. So disrespectful and ungrateful towards a guy who was as loyal to his boss as an old dog could possibly be.

when Ozzy was young, he was a bad vocalist in an AMAZING band. now he´s just plain horrible. I love that song (bark at the moon), but ozzy as a vocalist has been dead to me a long time, he just was lucky to join with the gods that are Iommy and Butler, Ozzy didn´t have anything to do in writing the super classics of black sabbath or his own solo stuff for that matter, he´s just a worthless old man with a very expensive name to my eyes (and ears)

he´s just a worthless old man with a very expensive name to my eyes (and ears)

uhm too heavy words.
Remember it's not only RR or Jake Lee or Zakk, come on, even the man himself did a great job on both solo and sabbath bands.
You cannot even write a song but you can sing it the right way, I think those songs without ozzy would have been not the same, maybe even worse.