Video footage of Ozzy/Gus G. from Blizzcon!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125721

Wow, getting Gus was the best move Ozzy ever made. He absolutely smoked! The opening seconds of "Bark At The Moon" sent chills through my body, I have not heard that song played like that in so long. Even if Ozzy's voice is not the greatest these songs still rock and having Gus in the band has rekindled my interest in his music. I would love to see what a new studio effort with this line up could sound like. Hoping to see footage of "Suicide Solution" surface at some point. With Gus in the band I can easily see Ozzy revisiting some more obscure songs from Diary and even dip into The Ultimate Sin a bit, one of my all time favorites. I also hope Gus being in the band gets more people to recognize Firewind. So far looking at the replies on Blabbermouth a lot of people are impressed with Gus who did not know him prior to this footage. All is good in the world of metal!

i didnt hear much difference between him and Zakk. He's using the same pinch harmonics that make Bark at the Moon sound like crap imo. Was hoping he wouldnt play it just like Zakk.

The best part of the whole thing was Gus and the Little 7 year old dueling on Crazy Train, Gus is a class act in my opinion.

just watched some of the clips. Hate to say it, but Zakk was a little more flashy. Maybe Gus was just playing it conservative on the first show.

Heck, that kid might end up getting the job.

I am sure Ozzy and Sharon maybe advised Gus to play a bit like Zakk for this show as there are many hardcore Zakk fans out there and a complete change in guitar style may have sent them into complete shock. Give it time, I am sure Gus will come into his own.