pa2 help

lakebodomkiller

random hero
Nov 25, 2001
texas
Visit site
hey i just recently bought a pa2 for my kv2 and i need some help with this bitch, im currently running a dimebucker and the instructions i got with my pa2 only refer to installation with active pickups, i already emailed emg tech but no response yet i know some of you have the pa2 ive just never hooked up anthing similar to this before... any help would be appreciated :Spam:

I've hooked it to a dimebaucker, it's quite funny you ask.

The instructions are pretty much the same for either active or passive.

Take the black wire and solder it to the last pot in the chain.. whiich on the KV2 is down the bottom and is the tone this is the ground wire and MUST complete the grounded chain.

The red wire, hook it to the battery and hook the black(i think) wire from the battery clip to the grounding prong of the EMG stereo Output jack. (this is what powers the Pa2.. don't hook the battery to either passive pickups.

The Green wire goes to the output area of the output jack (you will see which prong it is in the instructions, i can't remember)

The white wire you will feed from the Tone control's output as this takes the signal from whatever the three way switch to the tone control to the PA2.
I'm pretty sure the KV2 is wired so it goes volume for each pickup then to the 3 way, then to the tone, then to the output.

anyway, it's been a year since i alst installed an EMG product so i might be a bit wrong just, follow the instructions man and just red wire to the battery clip and black grounded.

Or, just get a tech to do it.

I've been thinking of getting a Dimebucker... I just have no idea of its qualities... how the tone and shit... I couldn't find the test clip for it at duncans website...

wiring of my rhoads:

volume push-pulls split the humbucker coils, tone push-pull activates middle single-coil.

wiring.gif