Jackson / EMG pickups

_FollowTheReaper_

Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen
Jan 2, 2005
France
www.myspace.com
I need some advice about guitar pickups.. I plan to change the EMG HZ (or H4?) on my Jackson DKMG to EMG 81 / 85, with a pa-2 preamp booster. But I really don't know anything about. How do active pickups change from passive?
And also, I know the (at least old) Laiho's RRs had Jackson J-50-BC, with the JE-1000 electronics and I kinda like the sound he had in the albums he recorded with these guitars.

Can we order the Jackson gear (J50BC+JE100) somewhere on the internet? I can get the EMG81+85+PA2 fromThomann, but I didn't find the Jackson pickups. They may be only available through custom shop? I dunno.

Well if you have experienced or have something to say about it, thank you for helping me out.

Why the fuck would you want a pa-2 + an active emg? There's plenty enough output on it already! Unless you want to sound like muddy shit

if its one of those kirk hammet sets then there actully quite good if you already have active pups .

don't get a 81 with a Pa-2, leave the HZ in there and use a PA 2 if you want.

That's what i did.

EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG EMG ,... yes :)

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
I dunno, on www.thomann.de they sell a pack which consists of EMG81/85 + PA2. I thought it was equivalent to the Jackson pickup + JE1000. But again, I dunno much shit about all of this.
The jackson pickup is medium-high output, more or less like a overwound paf.
Active emgs are ultra high output, an emg 81 alone will have more or less the same output as jackson+je1000.

BloodyScalpel said:
The jackson pickup is medium-high output, more or less like a overwound paf.
Active emgs are ultra high output, an emg 81 alone will have more or less the same output as jackson+je1000.
the pickups themselves are fairly low to mid output, its the active electronics that boost it up.

Elysian893 said:
the pickups themselves are fairly low to mid output, its the active electronics that boost it up.
Yeah, but you can't turn the preamp off on an emg
EDIT: And that's yet another reason why it's stupid to put a pa2+active emg