Pagan Fest (Europe/North America) - April/May 2008

Eluveitie opened with Inis Mona. They also did Bloodstained Ground, I believe from the latest. And Your Gaulish War. But as I said, the rest was just one blur of dancing and moshing and good fun.

Korpiklaani, i don't have the last two of them so I can't really say. But they did Wooden Pints, Happy Little Boozer, Cottages and Saunas and Journeyman.

Edit:

Ensiferum did Blood is the price of glory, one more magic potion, Ahti and Victory Song from their latest. They also did La La Hei and Battle song

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

oh and for all of you, I've been listening to the latest Korpiklaani, its less "fun" and shit than the previous albums but hell, it rocks! Kipumylly!! \m/

For those who might be interested, here's what the bands I saw played (in no particular order):

Korpiklaani : Journey Man, Kipumilly, Happy Little Boozer, Beer Beer, Wooden Pints, Tapporauta, Poljon on Koskessa Kiviä and I believe Cottages and Saunas.
I surely forgot some but whats for sure is that they didn't play long enough... they were awesome though.

Ensiferum : Token of Time, Guardians of Fate, Treacherous Gods, Battle Song, LAI LAI HEI, One More Magic Potion, Ahti.. thats all I can remember.

As for the other bands.. i didn't see them, I had a little problem.. I saw Moonsorrow though but I don't know them well, I only know the Kivenkantaja (sp?) album but I was busy drinking beers when they were playing so I didn't follow.

I have to piss this show up. I'm so sad. :(

Oh well. I suppose the excitement will have built up for when AA returns to the US. :kickass:

Ive been to the Pagan fest yesterday night in Montreal

IT WAS PURE FUCKING CRAZYNESS!!!
the show was as much outside the building as inside!

The only down note of the whole evening was that Eluveitie didnt made it, since they couldnt go through the border..... MANY were pissed off by that but i can say they all stayed cause Tyr, Turisas and Ensiferum sure made up for it! inbetween each bands, half the ppl were going out the hall and cheering, so much that inbetween Tyr and Turisas, a good 30ish policeman/women were there just to ensure there would be no problem... of course their were none! (with the hockey season and its loads of crazy HABS fans they are quick about calming crowds lately...) but they still had to push us off the street since we were pretty much crowding it a good 25meters long -on both sides of the street! lol
And if you were on the other side of the street, you could see one of the members of Ensiferum in kilt, by the window upstairs, getting cheered at while showing off lol was quite funny to see, and in the same time, still on the street, a guy doing some bodysurfing... -did i say it was a pure fucking crazy night?-

Personnaly, i was there only to meet friends from Quebec city (each important gig brings in Montreal up a full bus of fans from the north province -Quebec city- and therefor that bus is called the Metal Bus) and also to see Eluveitie at last, since i missed them last summer in Graspop. So i was kinda pissed.. What i heard on cds previously of Ensiferum and Tyr was too soft for my liking, especially the voices... but when i heard Tyr's singer's voice being harsher and agressivier, my opinion changed suddenly and i really enjoyed headbanging at their music^^ And i think Ensiferum can defend themselves well enough on stage. Turisas was the main attraction i do believe, at Raspoutine they made the crowd divide in the center and compete each side against the other on which sang the louder ^^ thats always a win! and when the song really started both sides rush against the other in a general dancing pit ^^

So although Eluveitie wasnt in for the party, we did had a very nice evening, something to remember ^^

Awesome, sounds like a good time girl!
I am going in a couple of weeks, don't know how much bodysurfing I will see, but looks to be a good time! :headbang:
Saw a something on myspace that Into Eternity is doing a Quebec show. Maybe to make up for Eluveitie not being at yours.

no i think Into Eternity were already scheduled to comealready. but ive read Elu will take extra care next time, and come back just for us, so in the end, we get them just for us (manner of saying) and longer. If that concretize, i wont mind, but for now on, we are all disapointed.

which border could eluveitie not get across? I hope they're gonna make the US shows :erk:
I'm going to the cleveland one tommorrow...cant wait...

So, Pagan Fest attacked the Mile High City on Saturday nite.

First off, Tyr. I had never heard them before, but I must say these Faroese heathens successfully weaved together folk and metal without one iota of "cheese." They played a great set with a contagious enthusiasm, giving me a newfound appreciation for Scandinavian folk music.

Another band i had never listened to before, Turisas, took the stage next, dressed in full-on pagan attire (bear skin tunics (faux fur, i hope ;)), face paint, etc.). I was cool with it, but my friend was like, "Man, how am i supposed to take these guys seriously when they dress like that?" By the end of their set he had changed his mind, however. Their wardrobe was the perfect complement for their proud kickass pagan anthems. I hope they never change. Fuck the critics. Fuck fashion! :heh:

Then came Ensiferum, the one band I knew. They brought the thunder and fuckin' tore the place apart. They ruled. Simple as that.:kickass:

Oh, and if you’re wondering why I didn’t mention Eluveitie, it’s cuz I was following my pre-gig tradition of drinking in the parking lot while the shitty local bands open the show. Except there wasn’t any shitty local bands playing at this show, so I fucked up (as i so often do). :( I haven’t even heard Eluveitie, but from the sound of it, I really missed out. AAARRGH!!

I went to Paganfest in Santa Clara, CA last night....and it was great! Actually Suidakra wasn't bad. They put on a good show. Eluveitie wasn't bad either...the vocalist was not that bad live (recorded, on the other hand, is a different matter IMO). I was disappointed in Tyr...they only played 3 songs! What's up with that? They did play my favorite songs though. Turisas put on a very entertaining show. They even brought a disco ball in for "Rasputin"...it was really funny :) And then, lastly, Ensiferum took to the stage and also put on a great show. The only thing is I have yet to figure out what they were wearing! Haha.