Paganfest Atlanta roll call!!!

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Topic name says it all, who's coming to the Masquerade tonight? Usually I don't ever make threads like these but I am so excited for the show tonight that I just couldn't help myself. I've been waiting to see these bands for a very long time...

How much?

$14 a piece.

l_9865aa92cd2a4990770a56be0ae69ddb.jpg
<---Look for this guy

Yeah, I called the Masquerade a little while ago and the guy said he believes the first band will go on around 7:30. He didn't sound 100% sure, but I'd say 7:30 is a good bet.

Hmm I hope I get there in time... word is that Eluveitie puts on an awesome show.

Hmm I hope I get there in time... word is that Eluveitie puts on an awesome show.

Having recently seen Eluveitie in Fort Worth, Texas I can tell you that they are fantastic! Their opening song, "Inis Mona", will grab you immediately and everything that follows during their set is absolutely wonderful! :headbang: Unfortunately, their set is only about 30 minutes in length so hopefully you'll be able to arrive in time to catch them.

I still think the Spirit material is far and away better than Slania... but Slania is probably among the best album of the year. But it all owns live. I'm not shittalking the Slania stuff... every song owns hard. I just LOVE Spirit!

I cant believe people actually enjoy Eluveite's music :erk: I guess they rape on the stage though

maybe they absolutely suck on CD but from what I saw on stage tonight, they are a killer live act.

Tyr I think I like better on CD, but they didn't sound bad live. Just not a ton of stage presence.

Turisas and Ensiferum...Holy Hell.

this was one hell of an event.

oh and thanks to all those that bought a Dark Tranquillity ticket--we have more for those interested. I just so happened to sell all the ones I was responsible for at the show tonight.

BEST.SHOW.EVER
no joke
I have not had this much fun at a concert in my life!

Unlike most people and reviews I've seen, I actually thought that Eluveitie was the weakest band of the night. Not to say they were bad--the complete opposite is true. They tore that stage apart and I cannot wait to see them again. I just enjoyed the other acts more. Tyr might not have the most energetic show ever, but the way they present their music just adds to the viking feel. They were the only true "viking" band there in my opinion and their stage presence was just incredible. Turisas were extremely fun and tight live. I've been waiting for years to see Ensiferum and they didn't disappoint. Very energetic and Petri is a hell of a frontman. Good guitar player, too.

IMO, it went like this: Ensiferum>Turisas>Tyr>Eluveitie. But they all kicked tons of ass.

Turisas>Ensiferum>Eluviete>Tyr.
Turisas has the advantage of a front man free to work the crowd. They had the whole building shaking, literally, and I mean from people jumping and stomping. Talk about a crowd of pogo sticks. Ensiferum is equally entertaining musically, but Petri is obligated to his guitar.

Regardless, best show of the year so far.

Wow, what an awesome night!

I'll be there before it starts trying to sell some Dark Tranquillity, Divine Heresy, Firewind, Eclipsed By Sanity tickets. :Smug: whose buyin?

I would have, but you ran out! (Which is a Good Thing....)

You got there in time and I thought they were terrific. :headbang:

Turisas>Ensiferum>Eluviete>Tyr.
Turisas has the advantage of a front man free to work the crowd. They had the whole building shaking, literally, and I mean from people jumping and stomping. Talk about a crowd of pogo sticks. Ensiferum is equally entertaining musically, but Petri is obligated to his guitar.

Regardless, best show of the year so far.

Agreed on virtually all counts, although I'd rank Turisas, Eluveitie and Ensiferum about equally, for differing reasons: Turisas had the biggest crowd and crowd response of the night, Eluveitie were awesome to watch, and Ensiferum were (for me) more entertaining musically than I expected.
Tyr were great as well, but following Eluveitie was too tall of an order.

For only the third time in my life, I've seen a hurdy-gurdy played live on stage. (First two times were at Dead Can Dance. :worship:)
I can die now, complete. :)

Tyr was my favorite of the night. And that's mostly because musically I like them the most. I agree with you dcowboys, they were the only 'viking' metal of the bands and I think they fit nicely into the lineup. But I thought they were pretty damn energetic. I had heard bad reviews of their set going in, mostly because they followed Eluveitie, but I was not disappointed at all. The lead singer kicks ass. He must have had an off night with Shaq saw him, as he sang really well last night.

I enjoyed Ensiferum the least. I think it was because I was just worn out by then. But they still put on a hell of a show. I cut out early though at just before 11, since... I have to work semi-early.

I have to give props to Eluviete. They gave me some hope in seeing some other large bands. An opening band on a tour having 8 people? Awesome. The tin whistle player was so much fun to watch.

But yes, its so rare that on a tour there are 4 bands that absolutely kick ass.