Does anybody know the promotion company/individuals behind the PaganFest tour?

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
I need to complain to them. I need to make it clear on how they've failed on this second incarnation of the best touring package to reach these shores.

I went to PaganFest last year. It was a roving success at all Southern states. The Raleigh show was packed, and apparently so was the Atlanta show. So what the fuck gives? The touring schedule is apparently set for PaganFest II, which has a superior lineup to last year (Primordial? Moonsorrow? Korpiklaani?! It's my fucking metal wet dream!), and the closest dates to the Southeast are: Springfield, VA (any surprise that Jaxx is on the list?) and Covington, KY (don't be fooled, this is actually Cincinnati, OH in disguise)! What the fuck is up with that? Why would you not come back to areas where your previous tour was successful? Why Paganfest promoters? What the fuck gives?

If anyone knows who is behind this "fest" or tour, tell me so I can send an extremely irate email. I am going absolutely out of my mind here in Mississippi as I am being forced to sit out of what I consider the best tour that will be in America over the summer.

GOD DAMMIT!

</angst>

Milton, if only you knew the plight of the Southern metalhead. We get passed on big tours and small tours, and I believe it to not be fair. I just want answers from those who make the decisions on these tours.

I think thats the best part about living in central California. I can head down to Hollywood or go up to San Francisco for the day.:headbang: Good luck finding the asshole responsible for depriving you of your tour!

I need to complain to them. I need to make it clear on how they've failed on this second incarnation of the best touring package to reach these shores.

I went to PaganFest last year. It was a roving success at all Southern states. The Raleigh show was packed, and apparently so was the Atlanta show. So what the fuck gives? The touring schedule is apparently set for PaganFest II, which has a superior lineup to last year (Primordial? Moonsorrow? Korpiklaani?! It's my fucking metal wet dream!), and the closest dates to the Southeast are: Springfield, VA (any surprise that Jaxx is on the list?) and Covington, KY (don't be fooled, this is actually Cincinnati, OH in disguise)! What the fuck is up with that? Why would you not come back to areas where your previous tour was successful? Why Paganfest promoters? What the fuck gives?

If anyone knows who is behind this "fest" or tour, tell me so I can send an extremely irate email. I am going absolutely out of my mind here in Mississippi as I am being forced to sit out of what I consider the best tour that will be in America over the summer.

GOD DAMMIT!

</angst>

I agree 100% with you.

But I'm guessing the bands had conflicting touring schedules (dates after the tour/during potential more dates) in Europe or festival dates.

But I'm going to the Kentucky date. I'm not just gonna get mad and not go. I'm not missing this. I must see Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow.

I already talked to my English teacher and she said I can turn in my final paper early and I'm gonna ask off the day of the show, leave in the morning, drive home and try to get home in time for class.

I just gotta see if I have a final exam and if not, I'm gonna be buying my ticket really soon. Now I just gotta try to convince a few friend's parents to drive in a car for 6 hours with me :lol:

I agree 100% with you.

But I'm guessing the bands had conflicting touring schedules (dates after the tour/during potential more dates) in Europe or festival dates.

But I'm going to the Kentucky date. I'm not just gonna get mad and not go. I'm not missing this. I must see Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow.

I already talked to my English teacher and she said I can turn in my final paper early and I'm gonna ask off the day of the show, leave in the morning, drive home and try to get home in time for class.

I just gotta see if I have a final exam and if not, I'm gonna be buying my ticket really soon. Now I just gotta try to convince a few friend's parents to drive in a car for 6 hours with me :lol:
Gotta admire the dedication. If I have a midterm or a final on a concert day, I just tell my professors that I need to travel to Los Angeles for a job interview. :headbang::headbang:

And :kickass: , but I'm guessing your not 21 :Smug:

It's just that a drive or flight too far away might not be financially or temporally possible since I'm also going to Maryland DeathFest in May. If it were Atlanta, I could just drive a few hours no prob...but going to Jaxx or Kentucky would be a multi-day hotel nighter. Sucks.

And yes, it is RockTheNation, and I did send a long, detailed complaint email (with no cursing or offensive language) explaining why I thought it was wrong of them to ignore the South after having 3 Texas dates, a Georgia date, and a North Carolina date last year.

Gotta admire the dedication. If I have a midterm or a final on a concert day, I just tell my professors that I need to travel to Los Angeles for a job interview. :headbang::headbang:

And :kickass: , but I'm guessing your not 21 :Smug:

Haha that's smart

Nahh I'm not 21...I wanna remember the bands though. If I drank, I would probably forget and be pissed in the morning :lol:

But last year's Paganfest was the best day of my life since Ensiferum, Turisas, and Eluveitie were all in my top 10 and I never thought I would ever see them live so there's no way I'm missing this.

It's just that a drive or flight too far away might not be financially or temporally possible since I'm also going to Maryland DeathFest in May. If it were Atlanta, I could just drive a few hours no prob...but going to Jaxx or Kentucky would be a multi-day hotel nighter. Sucks.

And yes, it is RockTheNation, and I did send a long, detailed complaint email (with no cursing or offensive language) explaining why I thought it was wrong of them to ignore the South after having 3 Texas dates, a Georgia date, and a North Carolina date last year.

Oh man that sucks...but you could leave early in the morning and drive home after the show...you don't really have to stay in a hotel unless you're really tired. Isn't it like 9 hours to the Kentucky date?

Wait, there's another PaganFest this year?? And it's not coming near Atlanta???

Now I'm pissed too... wish I hadn't read this thread. :p

I'm still kicking myself for missing the last PF here - Elu, Turisas, and Enseferum are also some of my top bands...

I don't think you're allowed to complain if you're going to MDF :saint:

I am sure there is a logical reason for the tour not hitting your area.

Look, Judas Priest is not coming to Chicago on their summer tour. Do you think they intentionally skipped Chicago? Probably not. It probably just did not fit in the routing path for the other dates.

Also, after the 1st Pagan Fest, the promoters maybe initially targeted the cities with the best attendance, and then continued routing from there. The end result may be that complete regions of the country are missed.

Also, after the 1st Pagan Fest, the promoters maybe initially targeted the cities with the best attendance, and then continued routing from there. The end result may be that complete regions of the country are missed.

The Atlanta show did quite well, as I recall. Not a sellout, but the venue was comfortably full.