PaganFest Part II

amon666

Jul 9, 2007
London, ON, Canada
www.myspace.com
PAGANFEST USA: PT 2 - LINE UP + FIRST DATE REVEALED!

Brimming with the highly-successful and recent run (and introduction) of PaganFest USA earlier this year, the tour everyone has anxiously been waiting for with high demand will be storming the stages of venues across North America once again!

For the fans who have been eagerly counting down the days for the return of this run, PaganFest USA proudly brings you PART 2 of this incredible saga with the presentation of Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Switzerland's ELUVEITIE, Finland's MOONSORROW, and Canada's BLACKGUARD (formerly known as Profugus Mortis) to the horizon for mid 2009!

The first date of this unique trek has been exclusively revealed on the PaganFest USA MySpace as May 7, 2009 at Chicago's Powerfest! Details and ticket purchase links for PaganFest USA: PART 2 will be updated on the official MySpace page as they come in so please keep checking back often!

KATAKLYSM frontman and ROCK THE NATION USA's general manager Maurizio Iacono comments:

"As this years Paganfest was a great discovery for many people and a HUGE success, we are proud to bring it back again for 2009!

The demand for the tour is growing and people are really excited. We chose to bring the best and some new blood as well for the next run. We hope (like this year) that all the pagan followers will come back in big numbers and raise their drinks in the air and celebrate a majestic evening not to be forgotten anytime soon!

Cheers
Maurizio /RTN America"

Brave warriors of the metal world, it is once again time for all to come together with your fist towards the sky and swords up high! Commence your pagan conquest with a night of pure splendor! Your journey continues with PaganFest!

PaganFestUSA_Pt2.jpg

PRIMORDIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

i saw eluveitie and moonsorrow already, but def wouldnt mind seeing them again...

profgus mortis, are good but they dont really deserve to be on that tour, finntoll or korpiklaani would be way better :(

Finally, some non-depressing news! :kickass:

I've heard a lot of good things about Primordial, but i've never actually heard them. What album of theirs is best for beginners?

listen to these songs, intro can sometimes be long, but only to get you in the mood of Primordial!
Primoridal - Gallows Hymn

Primordial - The Coffin Ships
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnRDcHdf_A&feature=related[/ame]
Primordial - Empier Falls
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvuXdhnieA&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Profugus Mortis / Blackguard are awesome, and im not saying so because they are from my province : they DO derserve to go on this tour, it IS awesome news!! although might be true that their more folk stuff were from their violinist-era, but the guitarist they got to replace her is just as fiting. They have a very good presence on stage and their songs are good. Moonsorrow are awesome, no doupt about that, as for Eluveitie, when then came to Montreal last october, they seemed quite tired after their long tour, it was their last tour night in montreal and although they put up a very decent show it could have been better, im sure they will make up for that on this paganfest 2 ^^ And i dont know Primordial... : / guess its something ill have to work on !

ummm... no, they took a spot that others deserve way better

Korpiklaani
Finntroll
Hedivolk
Arkona
Equilibrium
and etc...

im not gonna argue that i would have loved to see those you listed on the bill as well, but Profugus would have fit on that list anyway, wether they would have hold the first place or not doesnt matter. Seems like we got a new fest of our own now anyway : they will come again, and im sure we will see Korpiklaani Finntroll Hedivolk Arkona Equilibrium along some times. Im glad Profugus Mortis got to be on the tour, if you disagree, i cant care less. other than that : Cheers!! a new PaganFest!!! Moonsorrow and Elu!!!! :D

I like Eluveitie...why is the vocalist of Kataklysm general manager of Rock the Nation? when did that happen? you would think if he's in charge of these tours and shit Kataklysm would be headlining more often...

Primordial and Moonsorrow! OMG! Moonsorrow is hands down my favorite pagan metal band!

ummm... no, they took a spot that others deserve way better

Korpiklaani
Finntroll
Hedivolk
Arkona
Equilibrium
and etc...

Finntroll just did a headlining tour through the US and Canada in the summer.
Plus, the rest of those bands (with possible exception of Equilibrium) should be doing their own headlining tours, not opening with a 25 minute set like Blackguard (who were also on that Finntroll tour...)

ELUVEITIE seem to be everywhere ruining good lineups.

Seen Primordial 3 times this year, so good. :0