Paganfest USA 2009: Bands announced!

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
PaganFestUSA_Pt2.jpg

Primordial
Eluveitie
Moonsorrow
Blackguard (formerly Profugus Mortis)

The first date of this unique trek has been exclusively revealed on the PaganFest USA MySpace (www.myspace.com/paganfestusa) as May 5, 2009 at Chicago's Powerfest. Details and ticket purchase links for PaganFest USA: Part 2 will be updated on the official MySpace page as they come in so please keep checking back often.

:kickass::kickass: Moonsorrow and Primordial! I can't wait! Here's hoping any sort of New England date isn't tacked onto NEMHF again, though.

That's a great lineup!

We couldn't attend Heathen Crusade III, so we missed seeing Moonsorrow. And I've wanted to see Primordial for a long time. I'm not sure what Eluveitie will be with the Brothers Kirder. But it may be worth a look-see.

I've never heard of Blackguard (formerly Profugus Mortis), however. I have some Web surfing to do.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bill

Eluvietie without the brothers are kinda dull. Saw them on the kataklysm and they were still a great live band but not as exciting. I am excited for the Paganfest 2 but not thrilled with the choices. Would been much happier with Equilibrum and Korpiklanni. I like Primordial and Moonsorrow but there are lots of better choices out there.

Profugus Mortis/Blackguard on myspace. Apparently the name-change to Blackguard is really recent - even their Myspace doesn't reflect it yet, though the url does?

They're pretty good. Going to be a great opener for next year.

I'm surprised also about Primordial headlining over Moonsorrow (never mind Eluveitie being over Moonsorrow), but I'm not complaining! This is going to rule!

I refuse to go. I'm afraid that the bands will preach their wyrd to me and try to convert me.

Metal + Woden = Chocolate + Broken Glass

Looking forward to this!! But I will also echo the Moonsorrow sentiments -- I thought Moonsorrow would have a better slot on the bill. Still a little Moonsorrow is better than none! Glad to see Eluveitie got a good slot as I do enjoy their live show immensely although it is not as engaging without "the brothers".

Ok so when I first saw this, I was like uhhh.....cool.

Last year's line-up was amazing and it was the best concert and best day of my entire life.

2009's is good, but it's not as epic as I thought it would be.

I have been trying to get into Primordial but I just can't for some reason. I have the Gathering Wilderness and To the Nameless Dead. Are their other cd's better or am I just missing something?

And Eluveitie is above Moonsorrow. That's just plain retarded. As much as I love Eluveitie, I don't think they should be back. I've already seen them twice and they need to give other bands a chance. Wintersun, Korpiklaani, Finsterforst, Equilibrium, Kalmah.....seriously. We don't need Eluveitie again. And they probably won't play The Song of Life anyways. They never do.

I haven't heard Blackguard so I'll have to check them out.

I'm still going but Paganfest 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paganfest 2 imo.

I am excited for the Paganfest 2 but not thrilled with the choices. Would been much happier with Equilibrum and Korpiklanni. I like Primordial and Moonsorrow but there are lots of better choices out there.

I'm really happy to be seeing Primordial and Moonsorrow (I'm assuming there will be an Atlanta date, since the last show here did pretty well), but....yeah. Equilibrium and Korpiklaani (along with Eluveitie) would have made this an easy no-brainer.

I'm only disappointed with Eluveite. And only because I'd rather see a paganmetal band that I haven't seen yet (or twice for that matter). Good, fun band though. Seems like a cool lineup. I don't know much about the opener.