Paganfest Atlanta roll call!!!

That was awesome. Even Ryan didn't mind the growling. I missed Eluvite, at least, all but half of the last song. We're both Tyr fans (even though I am happily a Turisas fan more). I was saddened at the fact that Aki wasn't around to polka with me, though, I am led to question what a Finnish man is doing without his vodka. He must be Swedish, given that I don't think Finns can adequately sing a proper viking song. *ducks*

Eluviete was my favorite and I thoroughly enjoyed them! Everything else was kind of a letdown afterwards. And I'd never heard them before!

I enjoy Tyr on CD, but the live show was ok, not great.

Never heard Turisas previously, and wasn't into them until they did the Rasputina and dancing stuff.

Heard a little bit of Ensiferum a long time ago, and I kept getting them mixed up with Einherjer. They were alright.

oh and thanks to all those that bought a Dark Tranquillity ticket--we have more for those interested. I just so happened to sell all the ones I was responsible for at the show tonight.

Yeah, by the time I determined I had enough cash on me Paul told me you were out. Maybe next time.

Yeah, by the time I determined I had enough cash on me Paul told me you were out. Maybe next time.

They were mine all mine! =D

But his other band members have some so you can still get some from the band. And I recommend doing so. It keeps metalcore away from otherwise good shows =D

A truly great show. Turisas absolutely slayed, although their t-shirt selection sucked. Ensiferum was tight and are definitely professionals. Eluveitie and Tyr were both very good, but I do like Tyr better on their recordings. Perhaps if they have a chance to play a longer set, their song selection will be a bit stronger. I also hate it when a band plays unreleased songs live. I think most people want to hear stuff they are familiar with. Nevertheless, a quite excellent show. Turisas did not disappoint.

:cry: I hated missing this show, but hopefully I will be able to catch one or more of these bands when they return to Atlanta someday. Good to know they more or less impressed everyone.

I'm guessing the turnout was pretty good? How large was the overall crowd?

I also hate it when a band plays unreleased songs live. I think most people want to hear stuff they are familiar with.

I think you're right, but I see no problem with it. All it did is get me way more fucking excited for this album to be released. Not to mention the song is fucking GREAT, and it stuck with me after hearing it only once, the second time just cemented it in my head. I've been humming it to myself ever since the Seattle/Portland shows.

:cry: I hated missing this show, but hopefully I will be able to catch one or more of these bands when they return to Atlanta someday. Good to know they more or less impressed everyone.

I'm guessing the turnout was pretty good? How large was the overall crowd?

The turnout surprised the hell out of me. I'm terrible at estimating crowds but I'd say around 400-500.

The turnout surprised the hell out of me. I'm terrible at estimating crowds but I'd say around 400-500.

I'd say close to that, maybe a little less. Turisas even pointed out that they were disappointed with the crowds of 30 people, and then they get to Atlanta and they are pleasantly surprised by the positive turnout.

I think one of the best parts of the night not involving the music or bands was the fact that I got in for free.

A dude came up to me outside and told me ticketmaster had a major fuck up and sent him two extra tickets and he just handed me one and said no charge. :headbang:

Im so glad too. This show was definitely in my top 5 as far as non ProgPower shows go.

Not to mention the song is fucking GREAT, and it stuck with me after hearing it only once, the second time just cemented it in my head.

I'm with you on that. :headbang: Definitely looking forward to Land. I just like being able to sing along, or at least in Tyr's case, being familiar with the melody and song structure because I can't figure out what the hell they are saying!

Anyone have pics to post?

The show in Atlanta last night was pure f awesome!! Here go the setlists for those who care.

Eluveitie
======
1. Inis Mona
2. Gray Sublime Archon
3. Of Fire, Wind & Wisdom
4. Bloodstained Ground
5. The Somber Lay
6. Your Gaulish War
7. Tegernakô

TYR
===
1. Gandkvæði Tróndar (from 'Land')
2. Sinklars Vísa (from 'Land')
3. Wings Of Time
4. Hail To The Hammer
5. Ramund hin Unge

Turisas
=====
Intro
1. The Dnieper Rapids
2. To Holmgard And Beyond
3. A Portage To The Unknown
4. One More
5. In The Court Of Jarisleif
6. Rasputin
7. Battle Metal

Ensiferum
=======
Intro
1. Iron
2. One More Magic Potion
3. Into The Battle
4. Ahti
5. LAI LAI HEI
6. Guardians Of Fate
7. Token Of Time
8. Victory Song
9. Blood Is The Price Of Glory
============
10. Treacherous Gods
11. Battle Song/The Trooper/Battle Song

Did anyone hear that guy keep yelling "Windrider!"

Petri just kept saying No......that was hilarious

Anyways awesome show but my review is too long so I just made a new thread

And wow I had no idea there was 500 people I was on the rail and couldn't really see the crowd

Best show ever :)

Did anyone hear that guy keep yelling "Windrider!"

Petri just kept saying No......that was hilarious

Anyways awesome show but my review is too long so I just made a new thread

And wow I had no idea there was 500 people I was on the rail and couldn't really see the crowd

Best show ever :)

Where can I find your review?

Thanks for the reviews and the set lists. Looking forward to seeing this tonight in NYC. I should have photos to share in a couple days.