Paganfest USA Part 2...

I must say, i'm incredibly surprised (and incredibly pleased) that Primordial is headlining. I expected them to be one of the opening bands, guess i underestimated their popularity.

2 bands that are on it yes.... Great. Primordial and Moonsorrow. BUT... The other 2 NO.

How about Arkona, Thyrfing, Wintersun, Korpi, Equillibrium, Kampfar, Manegarm, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Agalloch, Heidevolk.... Come on... Get rid of the other 2 and it would draw better.

Dude, Elushitty draws a ton. They have the same following as bands like Abigail Williams and As I Lay Dying, essentially. They whored themselves through myspace and it worked like a draw. They've been on 2 other US tours since that paganfest, iirc.

Fucking band doesn't deserve the slots it gets.

I hear Profugus Blackitis or whatever also have that same sort of myspace metal effect.

So many bands would kick ass, but you're not going to get the 16 year old with painted hair and a burzum patch on his anti-nazi backpack from them... Honestly, the only reason Primordial is headlining is because half of elushittiy's fans have to be in bed by 9pm... The fact that they're on after Moonsorrow is just sickening. What kind of fucking dick does a band of 3 years have to suck to be given a spot over one of the longest running, genre pioneering, and hardest working folk metal bands out there?

I can only hope Primordial gets good reception, so that we may see them back on a tour that is half fucking decent. Agalloch, Novembers Doom, Primordial, Negura Bunget comes to mind... the tour I've been hoping to see for ages.

Pagan Fest 1 was like a Thanksgiving Fest. Pagan Fest 2 was like getting a meal from White Castle.

I can only hope Primordial gets good reception, so that we may see them back on a tour that is half fucking decent.

WTF? Primordial and Moonsorrow are touring together. In North America. In what bizarro world is that not even half decent, or comparable to a meal from White Castle?!

Maybe you are the two luckiest guys in the world and have regularly seen your four favorite bands play together in a single touring package (I suppose it helps if you actually book your own shows!), but for everyone else, that NEVER happens. So what if there are two shitty bands? There have been at least two shitty bands at every concert in the history of concerts!

Primordial.
Moonsorrow.
Take a moment to let that skin in.

Heck, at least Eluveitie (and Blackguard?) fit the theme...in the normal concert booking world, Eluveitie's spot would just as likely be taken by Soilwork or Job For a Cowboy.

My impression has been that Nuclear Blast is just putting a load of money behind Eluveitie, and if that money helped get this tour off the ground, well, them taking second spot on the bill is just the cost of doing business.

Neil

It is interesting to see Primordial take the headliner spot. It's not like they're more popular now than they were, say, at HC1 are they? Back then they couldn't get a whiff of attention from the US, and they certainly haven't taken the 'MTV rotation of synchronized windmill headbanging' route. You'll also note just as many links to primordial dwarfism as you would do the band on youtube. :loco:

Good for them I say, they got here on their own terms and if it means a bunch of Eleuvitie kids now buying Primordial records then hooray + 1.

It is funny.. I just got an email from Moonsorrow. They really wanted me to take the MN show. Since they had bad experience in Canada. You should read what they said.... of course I told them that I would love to... but, I couldnt. I told them the best other 2 options (Station-4 'Steve') and Swordlord Productions. Both will do them justice. But I will be there.

I could do without Eluveitie again, have Primordial main support...but...

Too many bands, hope it doesn't cut off everyone's playing time.