PAGAN'S MIND - Enigmatic Calling (Oh hell yes!)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Finally!

I can start discussing this AMAZING CD. For anyone who doesnt know the new Pagans Mind CD was released in Norway earlier this week (May 9th in Europe, May 24th in USA). For those who were wondering if they'd really be able to comeback with a stellar CD after Celestial Entrance, need not worry! They have!!!

This CD IMO is absolutely incredible. The riffs are just as slick, the drums are just as thunderous, the bass is just as beefy, and the keys are just the pefect layered background. Of course Nils flies his way through another journey of space and time, including the sequel to "Through Osiris Eyes"!

Other than that, I cannot recommend this disc enough. The production is top notch!

Its a shame there record label is doing jack shit for promotion. Im quite disgusted by it to be honest.

Heres the first review found....

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/reviews.php?revid=2219

I can't wait to get this CD. Who the hell is selling it? I haven't seen it listed anywhere! I have been jamming the re-done Infinity Divine for about three months now and it just gets better and better. I want this now!!!! :headbang:

Much better than Celestial Entrance...Jorn Viggo needs to let go of that same shreddy run he does. Its on like 4 or 5 songs...Still great though.

Bear

Wow, I did not even know a new album was due out anytime soon by them. I am now very excited. I haven't heard of or seen any promotion for this at all.

Bear said:
Much better than Celestial Entrance...Jorn Viggo needs to let go of that same shreddy run he does. Its on like 4 or 5 songs...Still great though.

Bear
yes.....I was thinking the same thing...there's a couple more(same shreddy run) on Jorn Landes last disc, defintely a good album though!

Bear said:

Bear

I can't wait to hear it. I hope Jorn Viggo doesn't start rehashing much though. I really dig his style. It's not so much his note selection, but more his phrasing. He has that real "mid-80's" think going on, but he does it well.

Bryant

Yes, an absolutely incredible album. I'm very disappointed they will not be at PP USA this year. :err:

Bear said:
Much better than Celestial Entrance...
Bear

I going to have to be the nay sayer here. This new album is not as strong as the last. Sorry.......................the songs are not that memorable. There are alot of good things going on here, good vocals, strong guitars,,,etc. It just doesn't go anywhere. I loved the last CD. I give this new one a 7 out of 10.

FatesFan said:
I going to have to be the nay sayer here. This new album is not as strong as the last. Sorry.......................the songs are not that memorable. There are alot of good things going on here, good vocals, strong guitars,,,etc. It just doesn't go anywhere. I loved the last CD. I give this new one a 7 out of 10.
Good call!! I agree with you. I'm just not as compelled to spin this new disc as I was Celestial Entrance. Enigmatic Calling is an apt title for this disc because all in all this disc is an enigma. There are strong moments here and there, but the overall product leaves me cold. That 7 of 10 rating is probably where I would rate it too.

Britt