Pagan's Mind - King Diamond cover

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HOLY COWWW does Pagan's Mind do a RIPPING cover of King Diamond's "At the Graves". It's on their new re-release/partial re-recording of their first album 'Infinity Divine'. Being a huge King fan I must say this cover is a 10 out of 10! Anyone else heard it?

MetalAges said:
HOLY COWWW does Pagan's Mind do a RIPPING cover of King Diamond's "At the Graves". It's on their new re-release/partial re-recording of their first album 'Infinity Divine'. Being a huge King fan I must say this cover is a 10 out of 10! Anyone else heard it?
I am a big PM fan as well as being a big fan of Jorn Viggo and Stian as musicians, but I wasn't aware that there was a new track on the re-release. I haven't bought it. I love Celestial Entrance, but wasn't crazy about the original "ID" so I never investigated it. Thanks for the heads up.

Bryant

TheGraveDigger said:
I heard about this cover! I am dying to hear it. This has to rip.
Have you heard Pagans Mind ? The various members like different styles of metal and it shows in their style. Jorn Viggo (guitarist) is a true oldschool guy who likes 70's and 80's metal and has a lot of EVH's style in him. Ronnie (keyboardist) and Steiner (bassist) like quite a bit of 70's prog-rock along with 80's bands. Nils (vocalist) is the modern guy who likes powermetal and prog metal bands and Stian (drummer) is into everything from The Beatles to Dimmu Borgir, but his heavy influences I think give PM a hard edge.
I am really looking forward to their next release. This band could really turn some heads if they can keep up the quiality of the music they released on Celestial Entrance.

Bryant

Bryant definitely check out the new re-release. I too am a HUGE fan of Celestial Entrance but stayed away from the debut because the band guys themselves said it wasn't all that great compared to CE. After hearing on this new re-release though that they re-recorded vocals and some other stuff I checked it out. It's very good! Production is really good as well. I'll see if I can't upload the KD cover in low quality tomorrow for you all to check out. I'm tellin ya though it's worth the price of the CD alone!

MetalAges said:
Bryant definitely check out the new re-release. I too am a HUGE fan of Celestial Entrance but stayed away from the debut because the band guys themselves said it wasn't all that great compared to CE. After hearing on this new re-release though that they re-recorded vocals and some other stuff I checked it out. It's very good! Production is really good as well. I'll see if I can't upload the KD cover in low quality tomorrow for you all to check out. I'm tellin ya though it's worth the price of the CD alone!

I have the debut..... you did the right thing. It is nowhere near the quality of CE, but hey... rerecordings and stuff can do wonders. I'll check it out. As far as me going to other sites, the only other board I really talk on that isn't on UM is the Vanden Plas board. I wasn't going to post it there in the first place, but that place is so dead, nothing would come of it if I did. : (

Bryant

Pagan's Mind is a good band. Celestial Entrance was one of my first power albums I bought. That cover did kick ass, thanks for posting it.