PAGAN'S MIND LMTD EDITION...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD INZANE

CD INZANE LLC
May 5, 2003
Minneapolis
www.cdinzane.com
...First of all, thank you everyone for the massive amounts of phone calls over the last 2 weeks on this:

First of all, as everyone knows, the U.S. licensing of Pagan's Mind "God's Equation" (Jewel and Limited) is not to be release until January 15th in the U.S. WEA/Ryko owns the rights to this territory's release. In our speaking with the VP of Sales in New York, I can tell you this: DON'T PANIC DUE TO A CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL STATING: "PAGAN'S MIND 2CD LIMITED IS SOLD OUT", it is a big fucking lie to get a presale. Like all Limb titles, 4,000 limited edition are available worldwide. As clarified with VP of Sales @ Ryko, the limited edition for Europe is the same limited edition coming out in January in the U.S. and they are FOR SURE not sold out. Beings both editions (Limited and Jewel for U.S. and Europe) are the same has also caused many to call us this week in discussion about this individual is lying about this release to get a PRE-sale, and pointed out to me that they are definately in direct defect of U.S. parallel import infringement on this title even if they get it direct from the German label. Laws for licensing in the U.S. fall under U.S law, not Germany. It is called "Parallel Importing" when someone imports a different territory's (U.S./Europe/Asia/Japan) version of a title that is the exact of the U.S. pressing or pressing where that individual resides. If the song line-up is changed even slightly or the release has a bonus track (Japan vs. U.S.) then it is not seen as an infringement. In this case, We are told, both versions of Pagan's Mind Limited ARE the same. Notice that even Amazon and CD Now are not listing the November Europe release as noting of the proper release dates. Europe release is this Monday, November 12th and again, U.S. release is January 15th. No worries, you guys did not loose out on anything. I would send the standard disc you purchased back to him when you get it and tell him "stick it up your ass you lying clown"!!! Everyone still has time on the preorders for the limited edition, even multiple copies if wanted...

Preorders are to make sure you get the titles you want faster than waiting when they are releases as there are often large lines at the release date. If you get ahead of them, you get the titles earlier. Beings these labels offer limited editions does not always mean if you don't get the title preordered, you will not get it! It seldom happens. I can only think of one Limb title that sold out of it's 4,000 piece pressing within the first 4 months after it's U.S. release. Galloglass. Most of you have a good 6 months on the limited U.S. release, and beings the U.S. is not a huge market like that of Europe, you have time, but I still would not wait too long...

CD INZANE LLC MINNEAPOLIS
www.cdinzane.com
763-391-9344

Dear Mr. Peterson:

I have read your post thoroughly and I must say that I am again highly confused by your verbiage and hateful comments directed towards me. Once again you demonstrate a clear lack of understanding between licensing and distribution. LMP has not licensed Pagan's Mind out for North America. They are simply having finished product distributed through Ryko. The reason there is a difference in the release dates between Europe and the US is because of the artwork revisions. Other than that the product is identical. The 2CD limited edition arrived this morning and is shipping out to everyone that ordered it.

You obviously did not read or understand any of my previous posts regarding the limited edition of this release. I wil restate it and I will use small words this time so that it might be able to digest what I am saying. LMP manufactured 5,000 copies of the 2CD limited edition. From the 5,000 LMP held back 2,000 copies for North American release in January. The 3,000 units (let me do the math for you so you don't have to get out the calculator: 5,000 - 2,000 = 3,000) set for Europe are all shipped out of SPV's warehouse - they are gone. We were able to get 150 copies. These are sold out. We will be able to reoffer the product again in January when Ryko makes it available. Nothing we said was untrue - apparently other than yourself no one was misled. I was very clear. In fact just the opposite of what you said is the truth - we alerted our customers that we are running out of copies because we want to make sure that everyone that wants one has an opportunity to get it.

As you probably noticed by now we rarely take preorders. If we do it is for a special release such as this. We do not believe in taking preorders for product that we are not sure we can supply or has not even been recorded yet. Furthermore we do not collect funds six months in advance of shipping (this is illegal).

2008 marks our 20th year in business. We must be doing something right. Unlike CD Inzane we do not employ imaginary employees or work out of an imaginary warehouse. Mr. Peterson, let's be honest. Everyone knows the photos on your site are from Target's warehouse and not your own.

I suggest you stop looking at our backs, put your nose to the grindstone and work a little harder and more honorably. Your customers will appreciate it. Just some unsolicited advice from a veteran of the industry.

My final comment is simply this: SEIZE AND ASSIST! or seek further humiliation.

Have a nice day.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge

Both parites were allowed to make their statment. I will not censor one without censoring the other. I do not believe anything of value will occur if I allowed this thread to continue. I have deleted the public comments as they do nothing but add fuel to the fire.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.