Pain: Nothing Remains The Same cd is a 11 out of 10.

Xalon Niles

Metal/Super Sentai Fan
Dec 22, 2001
Parts unknown.
hometown.aol.com
This cd is awesome and slays Rebirth (my Favorite Pain cd). Peter Tagtgren makes one mean Industrial Rock/Metal Artist ever. I hope Pain tours here in the USA because the live band from what I heard is godly. I haven't heard the new Hypocrisy cd and I might try it if I can stop listening to Peter Tagtgren's Pain Project. His cover of The Beatles made my jaw do this:OMG: after 1st listening. I love The Beetles and Peter Tagtgren picked the song I liked alot from The Beatles. Peter Tagtgren's covor to "Eleanor Rigby" slays the cover that mainstreamers Godhead did. "Just Hate Me" is an awesome song who cares if the famous Producer Max Martin worked with Peter on that track.

I think PAIN is alright, but very immature sounding in comparison to other artists that perform this style of music, which happens to be a style that I don't like. But I am required to own it just because I am so obsessed with Hypocrisy.

I just finished my first full spin of Nothing Remains The Same earlier today, and while I think it is great, I don't know if I am ready to say it's better than Rebirth just yet. A couple of songs sound like they were leftovers from Paradise Lost's One Second album ("Just Hate Me", "Injected Paradise", although they are still good songs), and in general, it's not as instantly likeable as Rebirth is. Still, it is one terrific album. It's interesting how there is a different SOUND for each song--it's not the same guitar/drum sound throughout, adding for way more in the way of texture and dynamics. I will be giving it a few more spins tonight, likely...

Originally posted by Xenomorph
and the first one gets 5/10!

Really? This one gets slagged quite a bit, and I don't really understand why. Granted, there are a few clumsy parts on it, but I think it's great. It's not as good as Rebirth or Nothing Remains The Same, but it's a really good METAL album, IMO. The riffs are really catchy, the production is really good, and Peter's vocals sound pretty cool. Why do people not like it?

I kinda liked Rebirth and the first one, though neither was spectacular, so I decided to check out "Nothing Remains the Same". What struck me first was that Peter's vocals sound stronger and more confident, and rely less on effects and multitracking, which I found sorta tiresome on Rebirth, I also a detected a decrease in the techno element that was really prevalent in Rebirth, though it's still definitely there. All in all I think it's a solid album, though not quite my cup of tea.