Pain of Salvation's Remedy Lane - The Ultimate Thread

I get why some would find it a difficult listen at first since songs like "Of Two Beginnings" and "Ending Themes" aren't exactly the kind of stuff you'd expect to start off an album with this kind of praise. But for me, Remedy Lane was the easiest album to get into.

My suggestion for those struggling to get into it is to cherry pick the metal songs and listen to those for a while. It's definitely an ALBUM and not just a collection of songs, but some of the stuff that puts it all together can be a little weird, I guess. A Trace of Blood, Rope Ends, Waking Every God, are pretty straight forward prog metal songs that should be easy to listen to.

This might be the most insulting post in the thread. Maybe even ever.

I don't know about cherry picking the "metal" songs either. I've gotten eight songs into this album on past listens and just said "What's the point of this?" And turned it off. I really am not getting any better. Even though I now know the concept is deep and personal....it's not enough because I just don't like the music.

It's like my opinion of Coldplay. I know they're talented dudes. I just don't like them. At all.

Where else on 6Doit does he contribute lead vocals aside from the System of a Down style counter point vocals on The Test That Stumped Them All?

He's on pretty much every track except for the overture (obviously), but he's notably on The Test that Stumped Them All, War Inside My Head, and Solitary Shell. Considering I saw them play the entire 6 Degrees suite live, I can definitely vouch for it - but it's also pretty tough to mistake what he's doing for LaBrie on record either imo!

He's on pretty much every track except for the overture (obviously), but he's notably on The Test that Stumped Them All, War Inside My Head, and Solitary Shell. Considering I saw them play the entire 6 Degrees suite live, I can definitely vouch for it - but it's also pretty tough to mistake what he's doing for LaBrie on record either imo!

I guess my question was not where else he sings on the album but where else does he contribute "prominent lead vocals". Almost every instance on the album are backing vocals.

So, I'm going to wake this thread up again..

I listened to Remedy Lane for the first time about 2 months ago, after I bought my PPUSA XV tickets.. I found the album very inaccessible and very eclectic..

After listening to it in my car in 15-20 minute stretches for the last month or so, this is now my go-to album for listening, unless I'm listening to something new before a show (like Artizan for their show this week).

I don't have the deep connection with it that a lot of people do, but this is definitely a prog classic.

If you're on the fence, give it some time.. its worth it.

Remedy Lane is still one of the biggest masterpieces of progressive metal/rock.

And seems the band will have cool news soon, has anyone heard? :headbang:

Remedy Lane is still one of the biggest masterpieces of progressive metal/rock.

And seems the band will have cool news soon, has anyone heard? :headbang:

I saw Daniel make mention about completion of a new album on one of his Facebook update posts. Is this what you are referring too?

I've been trying to get into the rest of PoS' catalog for the Wednesday show, but I'm really not feeling it.. the Road Salt albums in particular. Any suggestions about which of the earlier albums might be a better starting point?

I've been trying to get into the rest of PoS' catalog for the Wednesday show, but I'm really not feeling it.. the Road Salt albums in particular. Any suggestions about which of the earlier albums might be a better starting point?

This was me last year when I went to see Kingcrow and PoS was the headliner. After a few spins of Remedy Lane and The Perfect Element, I really got into those. Then I had to have more, I bought One Hour By the Concrete Lake & Entropia. I wore those out as well, then had to pick up Scarsick & Be (I still really don't get Be, while there are some tracks I like on there, a bunch of stuff I just don't get). The I picked up the 2 Road Salt cds...I like the 1st better than the 2nd one, though definitely a different vibe to those. Then I picked up their acoustic live cd, 12:5. I gotta say, I went from not really getting into PoS, to a big fan (most of which happened after their last US tour). Here is my ranking (not including 12:5):

1. Remedy Lane
2. The Perfect Element
3. One Hour By the Concrete Lake
4. Scarsick
5. Entropia
6. Road Salt 1
7. Road Salt 2
8. Be

If you liked Remedy Lane then you'll want to check out The Perfect Element which is the greatest album of all time.

Entropia and One Hour by the Concrete Lake are also incredible albums, but those albums weren't really well represented the two times I've seen them.

I love the rest of the discography, but most people around here don't think too highly of it.

My rankings:

1. The Perfect Element
2. Entropia
3. Remedy Lane
4. Road Salt 2
5. One Hour by the Concrete Lake
6. BE
7. Scarsick
8. Road Salt 1