Painful Loss - Instrumental Metal.....

metalisforlife

Metal Dale
Feb 15, 2002
Fredericton, Canada
www.acidplanet.com
PAINFUL LOSS

Painful Loss is a one-man project that was formed during the downtime from my main band, Fear Absolute. The music of Painful Loss is completely instrumental, and based heavily on melody. I wanted to create music that was relatively simple, catchy, memorable and without vocals. I originally recorded four tunes on a friend's Boss 8-track machine back in the Fall of '01. Then the songs were put on the shelf until I had a good enough computer to run Cakewalk's Sonar recording software...These tunes are ROUGH DEMOS, please be aware of that. In the next few months, I will continue to tweak these recordings, and add real, live drums that follow the guitar patterns. For now, I must settle for the drum machine/sterility of the equipment I have at my disposal right now.

History:
Formed in the Fall of 2001 by Dale Lyons, as a side project during my downtime with my main band, Fear Absolute. The absence of vocals is intentional. As I write the lyrics for my band FA, and sing them as well, I decided to write music that was just that - MUSIC. No words. Just music. Many people have asked me about adding vocals, and that is a valid question, but at this time, my heart says "No Vocals." I really want the guitars and melodies to capture the listener, and not vocal patterns (plus finding a suitable singer would be next to impossible)........I have been playing guitar and writing music for about twelve years now with various bands and musicians. My main focus is Fear Absolute. We have a CD out, and we are about to release another. We recently signed to a small indie label out of Halifax, Canada called Discorporate Music. With FA, I write the music with our drummer Dan Rogers, who is a phenominal talent and the best thing to happen to my music in years. But with Painful Loss, I wanted to write music for me, without input from anyone but myself. It has been quite liberating, and has made my love for FA even stronger. I have been involved in many demo recordings over the years, usually with me acting as 'engineer' - moving mic's, setting up stands, helping to get sounds, etc., but these recordings are my first where I have done everything. Fear Absolute's Producer/Engineer Greg Selwah has been the person I have learned the most from in my life. If it wasn't for him, I highly doubt I would have the knowledge to even attempt recording songs all on my own. Recording at home on my own time when inspiration hits me has given my playing a real boost, and it's been great to see that I can write & record some fantastic music all by myself. Enjoy!

http://painfulloss.loudmagazine.com/

Dale
Painful Loss

Thanks alot!

Dude, your tunes KICK ASS, I am listening to 'Hope Universal' right now, and I must say I am quite blown away. You are one talented guy! Seriously. This is some great stuff. It's like this mix of SO many styles! Meshuggah, Cynic, Death, etc...

Jesus man this is nice!

Dale