palmer pdi-03 vs two notes torpedo rack

Incognito Man

Jan 27, 2009
i have a pdi-03 and although it sounds good, it still has that scratchy pod type of thing going on with it that most sims suffer from (i am using a 5150 with my pdi)

i have been reading about the torpedo (hardware not the plug in) and i am wondering how this unit sound in comparison to the palmer.

does the torpedo have that fake pod thing going on in the top end?

i have listened to the clips and they sound great but the palmer clips also sounded great till i got it home and used it myself.

and finally, where can i get a unit to demo and listen to in my studio myself?

if there is a torpedo dealer on here, please pm me (i am in the usa)

any info would be great

I've actually been considering doing a more in depth video for the Torpedo in a metal environment, and that included capturing a cabinet impulse and comparing the real thing with the Torpedo. Need to talk to the Two Notes guy about that.

Any comparison of these products interest me very much. I have no access to a home unit, since in Spain there is no distributor (I think amazing), which for me would be very welcome any comparison between Live, Vb101 or other products.

I want to buy a unity with good quality and Torpedo is one of the candidates along with other options. (AXE FXII, Kemper etc). I have a Mesa Boogie Roadster, a 6505 modified .... etc

Brett, I have seen a video of your group Kalisia and I thought I saw (maybe I'm wrong) that you use a 6505 with the Torpedo Vb101 to live.

A greeting.

PS: It would be important that any comparison would be the most direct possible without processing study.

A greeting and thank you all for sharing your knowledge