Palmer PDI 09 Help

Proxy_T

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2007
London
First of all hello to everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for awhile and have enjoyed reading and learning from the posts.

I have just got myself a Palmer PDI 09 and I'm having some problems with it.

First of all the instructions are in german and I don't have a clue what they say.

So basically I'm trying to go from a Cornford Harlequin:

http://www.guitar-village.co.uk/product-list.asp?manuid=12&catid=1

into a Digidesign mbox 2 pro.

I'm getting a signal through the mbox but the guitar amp isn't coming through.

As you can see I'm completley new to this sort of stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are indeed completely new, then be sure to double check it's not something obvious like an unplugged cable, speakers aren't on, track is muted, inputs are assigned incorrectly.

You probably want to list more details here too if possible.

Thanks for your reply.

So the amp I'm going through is a Tube Combo.

I have the speaker of the combo going into the Thru Jack in the pdi 09 and then the input jack on the pdi 09 going into where the speaker was plugged in.

Guitar then plugged into the amp and the DI box connected to the mbox using the Bal out.

Everything is working fine on pro tools, when I plug my pod xt in it works fine and I can record

I'm just not getting any sound from the Palmer.

It sounds like you should be running the output of the amp into the Input jack on the DI and not the Thru....

The "thru" jack is an output not an input. It takes the uneffected signal from the input jack which can then be fed to an amp for monitoring purposes.