PALMER PGA-04 ENGL INVADER 150

Nostalia

May 22, 2007
well I am not that good at mixing yet so I am looking for advice on this short mix. Guitar chain:

Evolution 7's - Engl Invader 150 - Palmer PGA 04 - Crane Song Flamingo - Apogee Rosetta - 002

Drums are our drummer Dan playing my DIY electric kit into a Roland TD-12 into DFHS.

This is just a test nothing serious, I just got the Palmer and wanted to try it out and this is my first try and I just want to see what you guys think about it, and what I should change. There is no bass in this track and please forgive the extremely SLOPPY guitar playing, it was really late after a long day at work. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

http://www.nostalia.net/englpalmer.mp3

Haha, ok I'll bring it back here cos my PM box is filling up and Im too lazy to empty it all.

If you're using a new tuning, it could also be your inotation. Having said that, the tone might be good, I just can't concentrate on it at the moment to comment much.

how would you suggest fixing that? i listened through small speakers and it seems to be really fizzy compared to other recordings so anything higher than 6k may make it worse?

can you make a sample with guitar track only (palmer-amp) did you use reverb on the guitars?

do you want that clip raw from the engl before mixing or after? I am at work I'll have to post it tonight when i get home. I just used a little reverb on the low end for the guitars alone to give the direct tone a bit more realistic feel and not be so dry. I used whatever room verb is on the Izotope Ozone on the final mix just about %8.

do you want that clip raw from the engl before mixing or after? I am at work I'll have to post it tonight when i get home. I just used a little reverb on the low end for the guitars alone to give the direct tone a bit more realistic feel and not be so dry. I used whatever room verb is on the Izotope Ozone on the final mix just about %8.

yeah raw... just engl higain distortion and palmer.(before mixing).:kickass:

Holy crap this is fucking weird. Do you have an 8-string guitar or what?

I love it, even though it sounds really unsavory in some ways, it's got vibe. Even if you fix the guitar tone and make it sound less distant, fix the drums and make them sound a little more balanced, keep this version of the song, it would make a great intro to fade into something fuller sounding.

8 string not yet... i am in the process of building so i just have a universe for now tuned a little differently.

i have a new mix up let me know what you think. (same link)

sounds good man but i would like to hear the guitars only with palmer (no reverb or mixing) just a small rhythm clip to see what the palmer can do when ever you have the time thanks.:)