Palmer stuff

raisedfist

Aug 31, 2007
Surrey, UK
landsuk.bandcamp.com
Ok so I was on a work trip to have a look at some PA for the venue I work in in the UK so a trip to Frankfurt for the day was awesome.

Anyhow putting the actual fact I was there to one side, I was offered a tour of the factory which included going to have a look where the palmer stuff is built.

So I walked in and there was 5/6 work benches with ladies and gents building a variety of the stuff they do from a guitar amp to one of there splitter rack mounts and the whole place had a great vibe and seemed a great place to work.

I met a couple of the guys in the work shop and I asked if I could look at one of the reamp boxes and they had one without the casing screws and I had a look inside and seems like a simple circuit which neat and tidy in the box.
The guy there was telling me the they build alot of the bits and pieces for the palmer stuff and a few components which were not inhouse were locally build in the next towns and stuff. I thought this whole setup was great as in my mind I think of this stuff being build maybe in china and then checked by the distro company but watching a lady wind the wire on a transformer is a better image and I have to say I would be alot more up for looking into there stuff now seeing the place its made.
So in a word this stuff is solid and I have my eye on the Valve DI as they had one sitting on a work bench...Shame I didn't have a bigger bag on me ;)