Pantera fans?

ozium

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
Phil Anselmo has got a new project in the works that rivals the
heaviness of early Pantera. Superjoint Ritual's "Use Once and
Destroy" is a great new album! May 21st.

I always thought that the later Pantera efforts were much heavier than their earlier efforts. But that's just my opinion. It's also my opinion that Reinventing the shit is arse and their live album stinks as well, but othe than that their not too bad a all.

No way, dude.
Reinventing the Steel is one of their best. Pantera kicks all kinds of ass, just like Anthrax and Slayer.:headbang: :headbang:
:headbang:

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
No way, dude.
Reinventing the Steel is one of their best. Pantera kicks all kinds of ass, just like Anthrax and Slayer.:headbang: :headbang:
:headbang:

I agree mang! I also love Reinventing the Steel, and I'm not sure why so many people bag on it? I personally think that it has some of Panteras best songs on it. Like "I'll cast a shadow", "Hellbound", "Belong to it", "We'll grind that axe along time". Oh well, not everybody has to like it!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I love Pantera because they never sold out, I don't care what anyone says THEY NEVER SOLD OUT and they stiil continue to write southern tinged metal at its finest CFH!

Originally posted by AjDeath
I love Pantera because they never sold out, I don't care what anyone says THEY NEVER SOLD OUT and they stiil continue to write southern tinged metal at its finest CFH!

So you don't consider their move from glam rock to heavy metal a sell out? :lol:

Please note this is only a joke and not to be taken seriously

reinvinting the steel was awesome. anyone that says anselmo has sold out or anything related to that hasent heard down II, how can a sellout make such a great album. Quite right, not possible. what are some good superjoint ritual songs, dont be like oh they are all good, give me names.

Originally posted by anvil

So you don't consider their move from glam rock to heavy metal a sell out? :lol:

Please note this is only a joke and not to be taken seriously

I read somewhere( I think it was Panfuckingtera.com) that Vinnie was the reason they were still doing glam at the time Powermetal came out, Phil and him had an argument and got into a fight which Phil won, Selling Out, Ay?

I'm a Dallas fellow and they're playing at Deep Ellum Live next Saturday. I've always enjoyed Pantera but have only heard a bit of Down... should I check em out live? i think it's $25

Originally posted by HotRodFlamedJJ2
Reinventing The Steel was Killer!
Down II is mediocre at best, in my opinion.

Yeah RTS destroys all, but Down II mediocre? Listen to that album about 10 more times and you will find that it is definatly as good an album as NOLA. Just like RTS, "II" takes a little more time to get into, but once you do, you realize that you are the owner of a true rock classic.

reinventing the steel is a heavy metal classic,just like anthrax pantera keep growing and expanding there sound.

i remember hearing far beyond driven for the first time and thinking to myself how the fuck are they going to top this
and boy did they ever,if you repeat yourself people will seek to get something different

Originally posted by SpeakUSAorDie

Yeah RTS destroys all, but Down II mediocre? Listen to that album about 10 more times and you will find that it is definatly as good an album as NOLA. Just like RTS, "II" takes a little more time to get into, but once you do, you realize that you are the owner of a true rock classic.

I think Down II is actually better than NOLA. Not to say that NOLA is bad, because its not, its just not as tight. I love Phil singing over a banjo! How much more metal can it get?!!?:lol:

what are some good superjoint ritual songs, dont be like oh they are all good, give me names.

Good Superjoint Ritual songs:
The Introvert
All Of Your Lives Will Get Tried
Superjoint Ritual (titletrack)

Yeah I too, like Down II better. But they are both awesome albums and I couldnt do without either of them.

Also some other good Superjoint Ritual songs
Oblivious Maximus(Instrumental)
It Takes No Guts
Fuck Your Enemy
Ozena
Creepy Crawl

But hell, you should buy the album. They only have one, and it does kick ass all the way thru

I thought RTS was their second best (to Vulgar) album. I also think NOLA is a better album than II because:

1. all of NOLA's songs are good. Some of II's songs are just filler.
2. My expectations for II were so high by reading all of the hype that it was a bit of a letdown.

Don't get me wrong, both of these are better than 95% of everything else that's out.

here's my $0.02's. Trendkill is the best PanterA album. Down II sounded like shit in my wifes car with the windows down but, in my truck it kicks. It's all deep ass low end sounds so if your speakers suck, you're missing out. That drum solo song wasn't needed at all. The first Down is classic because you can listen to it all the way through....

The only glamtera albums I like are Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill. The others only have a few decent songs, and the rest is just crap. The Abbott brothers are great musicians, but the juvenile lyrics always turn me off this gay band.

The Superjoint Ritual album was a huge disappointment. Most of the songs are just boring without any decent hooks.