Pantera**Phil vs. Dimebag, Vinnie** Interesting Article

Valofvalhalla

Cessation Of Life
Mar 28, 2002
www.cessationoflife.com
AntiMusic’s Day In Rock (www.dayinrock.com) reports that former PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul spoke with Revolver magazine for their February 2004 issue and talked about former Pantera frontman Phil Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, DOWN) and accused him of heavy drug use, "I don't know if he was using the whole time or what, but it got to the point where I didn't know which Phil was gonna show up to the gig. One night he would walk in and be a fucking animal. The next night, I'd walk backstage and he'd be lying in the corner and he'd say he was tired."

Meanwhile, SMN News (www.smnnews.com) spoke with Anselmo about Vinnie’s comments. Phil stated, “For Vinnie Paul's information and anybody else who would like to know, I've been fuckin' stone-cold sober for fuckin' two years - I feel like a fuckin' boy scout, for God's sake. And fuckin', you know… I can have a couple of beers, let's get it straight."

Phil continues, “There was another thing brought up in that interview where Vinnie Paul said that he knows how to stop drinking, you know, and they can control themselves. And magically Diamond Darrell didn't answer a fuckin' thing. You know why that is? Because his fuckin' friends have to carry him fuckin' home every goddamn night - every night on tour, he gets carried to the fuckin' bus. Now, you tell me - me fucking up one time in my life compared to his fuckin' three thousand and seven. Give me a fuckin' break, man!"

For the full story go to: http://www.smnnews.com/

The first I ever read or heard of Vinnie or Dime speaking out was in the last issue of Revolver. He said that very quote. And that he's tired of all the shit talking.

"Personally, I think the dude was afraid of success [referring to Phil]. He wanted to be such an underground icon that the bigger that Pantera got, the more he didn't want to be involved."

Vinnie: "Phil has no respect for anything and just perceives other people to be less than he is." Vinnie fumes...."After hearing him talking so much shit, I looked at Dime and went 'You know what? I think this might be the end of this. We better start doing something, because the only thing we know how to do is play music'"

The article says that Vinnie "burns with contempt for Anselmo".

From Revolver mag.

Personally, I don't this is something they'll work out. Damage Plan is making music that sounds like Pantera, as far as the bones and riffing. They're gonna do it themselves, and Phils mouth never stops towards his former band. At some point, enough is enough. And I think Vinnie and Dime are at that point.

yeah! thats the spirit... PANTERA! Roaaaar!!
i'd love to see them live, shit that would be good!

but keep in mind that i've just literally come back this night from seeing Metallica, and also this week been to an Iron Maiden gig... and whilst i'm on the ye olde 'Gloaterama'... saw machine head a couple of weeks back... hehehe...

but anyway... Pantera should carry on dude, it's stupid for it not to be!

Good, Maybe they'll all kill each other and we won't have to listen to their incessant bitching about each other....or their crappy music:cool:

I don't think Phil's all that worried about money.
He'll always get cash off of Pantera's catalog. CD's and VHS's and DVD's....

The trash talking between them in the press reminds of Sammy Hagar
vs. David Lee Roth back in 85.
The whole thing just kinda weakens what they did together in Pantera.
They both need to put down the kleenex and put aside the bitter
feelings and move on and make music and leave it alone.

My 2 Cents.

OfficerNice.

hiddenlegions said:
I have this feeling that Pantera will get back together. It's gonna happen, they're gonna make up and go back on tour in a couple years.
I DON'T THINK SO. I;VE TALKED TO ALL THE GUYS IN SJR AND THEY SEEM TO BE DEDICATED TO SJR.
I DON;T THINK THERE WILL EVER BE A REUNION.
YOU WILL SEE WHEN THE DAMGE PLAN STUFF COMES OUT..IT'S DISTURBED TYPE STUFF....YOU WILL SEE!

I love Phil but there's no way in Hell he's been sober for two years. Does anybody remember that show he hosted right after Headbangers Ball a while back? If he was sober during that then Rob Halford likes pussy.