Pantera...

Metal Magic is the worst metal album ever recorded by any band ever in history.... hahaha.

I like Projects In The Jungle and I Am The Night.... they just have bad production and sound more like album length demos. Very cool riffs, choruses, attitude, etc. though. The songs had heaps of potential... especially on Projects In The Jungle. I Am The Night had a few downright terrible songs.

Oh and if you wanna see Pantera's Kiss influence... just listen to Metal Magic hahaha. The album pretty much opens with Detroit Rock City LOL. The first song "Ride My Rocket" (hmmmmm coincidence that it rips off a Kiss song AND also has a really similar name to Rocket Ride by Kiss? Haha) start exactly the same as Detroit Rock City with a 3/4 time pull-off riff with the bass underneath... then a snare drum roll as it kicks into power chords.... complete rip off! And with the production and fake crowd noise, it pretty much sounds like they recorded themselves covering Kiss at a local pub hahahah!

here it is

Updated: PANTERA, Ex-HALFORD Members Join Forces In NEW FOUND POWER - Jan. 21, 2003

PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell and drummer Vinnie Paul have teamed up with DIESEL MACHINE/ex-HALFORD guitarist Patrick Lachman (on vocals!) and ex-JERRY-CANTRELL guitarist Shawn Matthews (on bass) in a brand new band called NEW FOUND POWER. The group are said to be in the process of writing material for their debut album, tentatively due later in the year.

In related news, the March 2003 issue of Guitar World magazine contains an interview with Dimebag in which the guitarist addresses the future of PANTERA and the circumstances that led to the formation of NEW FOUND POWER.

When asked about the current status of PANTERA, Dimebag responded in a prepared statement, "It's really weird, but this is the clear-headed, honest truth: [PANTERA/DOWN vocalist Phil Anselmo and bassist Rex Brown] up and left us hangin' and won't let us know their intentions or future plans. For the last 20 years, my brother Vinnie and I have put our heart and soul into PANTERA and we never thought this situation would ever happen to us. By now I thought for sure we would've done another record, but they don't seem to care how it affects Vinnie and I, or the road crew or, most of all, all the PANTERA fans that have been so fuckin' awesomely great to us for so long. We've made several attempts to talk to those guys and they keep putting us off. This is not a situation we've created — it's a situation we've been forced into.

"Bottom line, for Vinnie and me it's all about the music, kickin' ass and havin' a good time. So we've got together with some of our close buds and formed a new band called NEW FOUND POWER. The record is almost done and will be out soon. We've put 110 percent into it, just like we always do, so I guarantee you won't be let down."