Pantheist - Amartia

Doom-metal.net

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2008
Pantheist - Amartia

The second album from Amartia is from 2005. And from their previous cd hasnt change a bit. Better sound ofcourse but although the songs still carrie their old heavy sound with somehow unique vocalist Kostas Panagiotou.

Pantheist "God is all, all is god" lyrics had remained depressed. The theme of new album is Seven. For those who dont know the seven sins look it up on wikipedia. They are: lust, pride, wrath... And so are called the songs.
The sound is cold, it reminds me of church and dark middle ages. You can almost feel that coldnes of old buildings made of rock, cathedrals etc.
I can say that all the songs on this album kicks ass! Early mentioned names of songs also reflect their melody and lyrics. Sloth is slow and heavy, but Wrath is more black doom metal, faster tempo and drums makes the melody reflect its name.
Deep and mournful clean vocals mirror the weaving, guitar melody, giving the song a funeral scenth.
I would recommend this album for those who love the theme of seven and a different type of vocals which are not common for funeral doom.

1. Apologeia 11:12
2. Gluttony 11:10
3. Envy 07:26
4. Lust 07:06
5. First Prayer 06:44
6. Pride 05:58
7. Greed 07:42
8. Sloth 09:44
9. Wrath 05:10
10. Metanoia 04:18

Total playing time 01:16:30

Published at Firedoom Music

More at: http://doom-metal.net

Pantheist are an excellent band. Good review. Amartia is greek for sin. The atmosphere described is exactly right. Pantheist's new album "Journey to unknown Lands" is due out October 15.