Pantheist on tour with Skepticism

Firedoom Music recording artist PANTHEIST (UK) will team up with Skepticism (FIN) and Ophis (DE) for another round of live funerealism under the banner of "Exorcising the Funereal".

25.10.2008 Logo Hamburg, Germany; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
26.10.2008 Baroeg Rotterdam, The Netherlands; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
27.10.2008 Kunstverein Nurnberg, Germany; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
28.10.2008 Black Pes Prague, Czech Republic; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
29.10.2008 Rock Club na OZZaY Nitra, Slovakia; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
30.10.2008 Escape Vienna, Austria; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
31.10.2008 Amnesie Berlin, Germany; PANTHEIST w/ Skepticism, Ophis
Plus 'non-tour' gig:
01.11.2008 Gummaruskerk Vonckstraat, Herenthout, Antwerp, Belgium: Haunting the Chapel fest, w/ Skepticism and Cantar

http://www.pantheist.co.uk/
http://www.myspace.com/pantheistuk
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3698

UPDATE!!!

Tomorrow evening and/or tuesday next week, a track from each band will be broadcast on "Whiplash", a weekly metal program on Studio Brussel (a local mainstreal radio station)! I think this is great promotion for the concert as well as the bands themselfes! The program is broadcast each tuesday from 22:00 'till 00:00.

I think it's putting it mildly to say it will be quite unique to hear these bands on a mainstream radio station (even though it's a slightly more alternative one then most, they wouldn't have a weekly metal program otherwise of course). On top of that the songs from both Skepticism and Pantheist will be brand new songs that haven't been released yet, from their upcoming new albums.

So people from Belgium (or people from abroad who can recieve StuBru somehow) should definately have a listen, even if you're already a fan anyway and you're like "I can put this on any time I want anyway", because normally almost no one has heard these songs yet. So even for the hardcore fans who already have all the releases from the bands in their posession anyway, it is definately going to be worth a listen! For Cantar it will be a song from their debut album, since they don't have any new recordings finished yet, but also when it comes to them it will be special to hear a song of theirs on a mainstream radio station.

And if you're interested, but you don't know (all) the bands very well (yet), this is a nice oportunity to check out a few more songs aside of myspace. The new tracks who will be broadcast are NOT the tracks/sample that have been put on the bands myspace pages! And also in next weeks broadcast the same promotion may happen again, certainly if it won't make it to tomorrow's broadcast (but it should go through normally). So I've actually managed to get underground Doom airplay on the radio (and not some internet radio either), and even for three different bands, meaning three songs (and maybe even twice if it's comes on next week as well). This is something you will not experience every day, so be sure to tune in if you can!

If you can't tune in or you miss it, you can also (re)listen to the entire program on www.stubru.be after live on air broadcast, until next weeks broadcast. I'm not sure if it will work for people from abroad, but I think it will, so you can probably listen to it too, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

And on a different note: it's about 60% sold out now, so with this little promotional stunt on top of everything, it's definately not safe to come without a ticket/reservation!

affiche_definitief.jpg

Pantheist have now returned home after a hugely fruitful tour with Skepticism and Ophis which took them across mainland Europe, with the band gracing countries such as Slovakia, as well as new venues in familiar countries (for example a church in Belgium!) for the first time. Pictures and other artefacts from the 'Excorcising the Funereal' tour will be added to the website in the coming weeks, and an announcement concerning future gigs will also be made soon.

In other news, the bands third full length opus, 'Journey Through Lands Unknown', is now available to order through several mailorders, and a number of doomsters were also able to get their hands on a copy, as well as a limited edition Excorcising the Funereal Pantheist tour shirt, during the European tour.

http://www.pantheist.co.uk/