Paradise Lost- Anathema- My Dying Bride: did you lot really get along?

I know it's gossipy, but I don't care. I am curious if these three bands hated each other back in the early days as much as it seemed.
I remember reading interviews with MDB's Aaron where he anticipated fisticuffs with Anathema as they were sharing a tour bus in Poland with Anathema.
Another thing was that PL claimed to have profoundly influenced the other two with Lost Paradise and Gothic; it seemed like the other two resented this claim.

Maybe none of it was really true, and you lot would gladly share a pint with Nick Holmes or A. Stainthorpe these days?

Victor Meldrew said:
I know it's gossipy, but I don't care. I am curious if these three bands hated each other back in the early days as much as it seemed.
I remember reading interviews with MDB's Aaron where he anticipated fisticuffs with Anathema as they were sharing a tour bus in Poland with Anathema.
Another thing was that PL claimed to have profoundly influenced the other two with Lost Paradise and Gothic; it seemed like the other two resented this claim.

Maybe none of it was really true, and you lot would gladly share a pint with Nick Holmes or A. Stainthorpe these days?
I wouldnt share a pint with Aaron, he might put on blood(a.k.a. ketchup) before he comes out to look evil.

I hate ketchup...
I like all these 3 bands but I don't try to compare them and see where they influenced which... I like them separated, and I have different reasons about why I do.
I find it childish, pointing fingers on the others in that who influenced who. and not about these 3, but in common. if some band stole the other's riffs or tones in the exact way, that's ok to be angry, but this...?! sad it happens more and more often...

i'd gladly share a pint with nick holmes! :lol: hmm, but that wasn't the question.....

there's been a thread like this, but it's ages ago.

ah Nick's sound, we always got on with the PL guys. i saw Andy from MDB in Bradford not so long ago, and he wasn't bothered about past bollocks its all water under the bridge now. as for PL being a profound influence in the early days? DAMN RIGHT!!! and MDB blatantly ripping off anathema with the first track on their first album? DOUBLE DAMN RIGHT!!!

feckin' right!!! alot of the doom heads never realised. mind you andy admitted it in 96 that he'd been ripping us off for years.. anyway for me they only had one truly great song.

I just find their live shows silly really, lost any of my interest them once I saw the cry of mankind video...next time I run into Aaron, im going to ask him "Are you serious?...I mean, seriously, are you serious?!"

breaklose said:
a couple of really good songs, and many shitty ones. ill put some on your next cd.

:yell: A load of really good songs (most on albums up to and including Draconian Times) and a bunch of other good ones you should only listen to about once a month, hehe.