Paradise Lost- Anathema- My Dying Bride: did you lot really get along?

MDB have a lot of good/very good songs on TLTS / TATDR / LGOTS and TLATEOTD (I hope you understand!). The albums after those are weak but contain some good songs (TDH) and a couple of hardly decent ones on "Songs of blabla Words from myarse". The % album is a joke, beside two or three songs that were interesting for the experimentation. The earliest stuff is mere doom/death but it's decent for the style.
PL ... Well Draconian Times is one of my favourite albums of the 90's. Icon is damn good. There was still a few ok songs on One Second but it was the beginning of a slow decay that led them where they are now... Does anyone even care about what they're doing now anyway ???
Oh and about the older albums, I used to like Shades of God but never really gave a chance to Icon and Lost Paradise because the few songs I heard I didn't like them at all. Maybe I should try again now.

Well that's it, and no arse-licking but, considering the 3 bands' discographies, I like 60-65% of MDB's stuff 30% of PL's and still 80-85% of Anathema's.

Anyway

That's what I was thinking until a few days ago, when my man showed me a videoclip of a recent PL song. It was some kind of electrodisco stuff with chicks dancing and people hung by their feet to the ceiling. I hadn't heard modern PL and I swear I'll never care about them anymore... Unless they do a 180° turn. Some bands change for good, some for bad ... sad !

mdb is my fave band and though the last album is not that good, the dreadful hours is a great album! one of the best, imo. i saw them live 3 years ago and really loved it. :D
as for pl, i like a few albums and my fave is draconian times. saw them live last year and hated it... they're too rock stars for my taste. :err:

Cerulean said:
Cry of Mankind eh
that's my ringtone (okay, who cares :) ) it rocks, I loooove the keyboard in it (reason for the ringtone thingy), but still I think they have some better ones, like I love Two Winters Only, if staying at the same album

I thought the last PL album was fine actually, and I couldn't care less about vids. But of course it suffered that same "only listen once a month" disease.

MDB, Anathema, and a thousand other copyists that came after them.... thing is theyre doing what MDB, Anathema did years ago, in an awful way, can they not just do their own fucking thing, and get on with it. i could write 100's of MDB riffs in a month. having said that MDB got stuck in their own hole and cant get out, but churn out the same old drivel of past accomplishments, thats not very clever or of artistic merit for that matter, maybe theyre not artists but chancers at their own game

ikeaboy said:
MDB, Anathema, and a thousand other copyists that came after them.... thing is theyre doing what MDB, Anathema did years ago, in an awful way, can they not just do their own fucking thing, and get on with it. i could write 100's of MDB riffs in a month. having said that MDB got stuck in their own hole and cant get out, but churn out the same old drivel of past accomplishments, thats not very clever or of artistic merit for that matter, maybe theyre not artists but chancers at their own game

but....theyre in the and one metal muguzine!

i always thought they were second rate. good influences and decent production and imagery though. but musically second rate no doubt in my mind. apart from one song i guess.