Paradise Lost- Anathema- My Dying Bride: did you lot really get along?

french_anatheman said:
i only like the song "As i die", which is probably one of the best song they ever made.
And what about Icon?
pity the sadnes!!

icon's OK, though i think the singing is not good

i think the artwork for both 'lost paradise' and 'gothic' was far ahead of its time too, not just the sound, just like with celtic frost for example and thats exactly how i first bought 'lost paradise', because of the cover :) same for kyuss - blues for the red sun

ah aye that must of been the meff version, still bargains are bargains, ive gothic here on red vinyl, think theres a clear one afaik

Darren's quite a busy photographer for the sleeves of the bands he's been in - does he have a website or sth? how do you like his stuff anyway? its a bit dreamy eh?

blood_pantheon340x340.jpg

the Blood Divine's 1st one was named "Rise Pantheon Dreams", didnt Anathema have sth with that? did he nick it or had he himself come up with it?

and here's my 2 cents:
PL used to be my fav band by far until Host came out, and the closest thing to a good album since is Symbol of Life...and Nick's vocals bug the shit out of me on that one.
MDB are legends to me. So many albums and not one that is mediocre...each album has it's own identity. They may not stray too far from their patented sound but that's what's so brilliant about them, each album seems fresh and exciting to me. Doom isn't the easiest genre for incorporating variety in song writing.
As far as our beloved Anathema goes, they're my least favorite of the 3 bands. I love them don't get me wrong...every album is great except the highly disapointing "A Natural Disaster". I wanted to be blown away by this album but i find it boring with a vibe of pretentiousness. Maybe (and hopefully) one day i'll finally "get it" and be mesmerized by its brilliance. Eternity and Judgement are fucking legendary albums:headbang:
Now, if Anathema can get their asses over to Canada, i can finally see them and die a happy man. Bring Antimatter for openers too.
That is all.

wasnt the first blood divine album called awaken? by the way i love that album, darren used the rise pantheon dreams name for the blood divine final compilation isnt it?

Headquake said:
MDB are legends to me. So many albums and not one that is mediocre...each album has it's own identity. They may not stray too far from their patented sound but that's what's so brilliant about them, each album seems fresh and exciting to me. Doom isn't the easiest genre for incorporating variety in song writing.

Eternity and Judgement are fucking legendary albums:headbang:

:erk: