Paradise Lost - "Symbol of Life"

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
So, has anyone heard any of the new PL CD?

I keep reading things where the band states that it's "heavier" or "closer in style to 'Draconian Times', etc".
But, somehow, I doubt it!!!

I'm looking forward to their cover of Dead Can Dance's "Xavier"!

Well...I bought a copy of S.O.L. out of curiosity, but I already sold that one again because I felt a CD-R would do. The album is indeed heavier, but not really closer in style to Draconian Times. Don't expect a "back to the roots"-kind of thing, the album is not drastically different from their last output. The songs are still mid-tempo with lots of electronics and some female vocals. Fans of the old style will probably be disappointed, but those who enjoy bands like EverEve, Lake Of Tears (their new style, that is), Gravity Kills, The Loveless or Seigmen/Zeromancer may (or may not) love this album. S.O.L. definately has its moments and I think it's much better than 'Believe In Nothing' (which sounded like they did Host #2 and then decided that the album needed more guitars, IMO). I guess you gotta listen for yourself...

I found it used and I love it! I'm relatively new to the Paradise Lost purchasing...so I have nothing to compare it to..it's good though...and I'm a hard one to please..:D

I bought Symbol of Life last night and at moment I'm listening to it through second time. I agree with the Joy of Grief. Album is heavier than previous albums, but there's just couple of songs that remind me of Dragonian Times era PL. SoL is much better than Believe in Nothing and Host, but still doesn't come even close to earlier albums.

This was the worst album yet, in my opinion, it just sounds so tepid and uninspired in comparison to everything else, even Believe in Nothing was better :(