Paradox Box Set Reviews

Rob is partly right that Voyager II is not the same as the Decadent release. Apart from being remixed, there is a completely different vocal on the last chorus. I also think one or two keyboard sounds are different from the original. In fact, none of the tracks that appeared on Decadent are the same versions. The only further tracks considered for this CD were live ones recorded at the LA2 in London. The multitrack recording is in pretty bad shape though and often distorted.

Another interesting point is that Mac's vocals were not edited from the original version of Long Way home either. It would be an incredible transformation, even with todays technology. This was the original version before the music was re-written and Mac recorded this at the time of the Clone sessions.

So despite speculation elsewhere, Karl isn't only interested in guitar tech stuff and old photos!!

Will this be made available on iTunes? With a PDF booklet? Go on...

I just noticed a few, nealry hidden, enhancements: Sunseeker features a new keyboard part in the solo section (check the rhythm parts) and Freaks has some more keyboards added to the organ parts.

And yet, has Somatography been re-recorded? At least the guitars, they sound too different from the original version! And has been Jon's voice taken from some demo or so?

I just noticed a few, nealry hidden, enhancements: Sunseeker features a new keyboard part in the solo section (check the rhythm parts) and Freaks has some more keyboards added to the organ parts.

And yet, has Somatography been re-recorded? At least the guitars, they sound too different from the original version! And has been Jon's voice taken from some demo or so?

Somatography was interesting because this was meant to be the original vocal from Jon. So the vocal recording was done at the same time as the album and just omitted from the final mix. We also experimented during the original mix and on the recent one with having both Damian and Jon's vocal, but the sound became cluttered and indistinct. Rhythm guitars were re-recorded using the Peavey JSX with a XXX 4x12 cabinet because the original parts were out of phase. They don't seem to be on Extinct Instinct, but maybe something happened on the transfer from old equipment.

I hope this restores my reputation for only being interested in technical matters for you Rob.:loco:

Hi everybody,

the title says it all... Can I still order the Box somewhere? I used to be a big Threshold-Fan but I must concede that I lost the interest after the one and only Threshold-Voice left the building...

But I need to have this Box, so PLEASE !!! :loco:

Greetings from Germany, green_priest

I used to be a big Threshold-Fan but I must concede that I lost the interest after the one and only Threshold-Voice left the building...

Whom do you consider to be the one and only Threshold voice? This sounds to me as if you might have missed out on some great music :)

Pretty much, yeah. Some just can't let go of one particular band member. I see it all the time in the music scene. Like, if Threshold loses Damian and gets a female rocksinger (which I'd be all for, if it's the kind of voice that fits the music and can handle the parts of the other 3 vocalists in a live setting), they'd probably lose one of their biggest fans; forgottenglory.

Though that's way off-topic, and I apologize. The singles box is a great addition to my collection. I find myself listening to those tracks quite a lot. They're awesome. Makes me very eager to hear the new album, too.

I don't have a single CD in my collection with a female vocalist. I just don't dig them...and if Threshold goes that way then I'm definitely going the other way...but that's not going to happen. And for the record: I love all Threshold singers not just Damian.

I don't have a single CD in my collection with a female vocalist. I just don't dig them...and if Threshold goes that way then I'm definitely going the other way...but that's not going to happen. And for the record: I love all Threshold singers not just Damian.

There's so much to have fun with in that statement - but I'm going to resist!

@forgottenglory

^ You can buy it from HERE. You have no idea what you're missing!

Hi there, since my first post the link add to card is off, e.g. for the box - that was why I thought it is sold out ??? If it is not then :headbang: it!!!

@Iris0367:

Iris0367 said:
I used to be a big Threshold-Fan but I must concede that I lost the interest after the one and only Threshold-Voice left the building...

Whom do you consider to be the one and only Threshold voice? This sounds to me as if you might have missed out on some great music

I discovered them with the Hypothetical Album and saw the show of that tour in my hometown, support were Ark with Jorn Lande !!!.
I did not recognize then what a great unique package I saw that day, even the sound was much too loud - one of my first concerts and until today one of the best!!!
Now perhaps you imagine why Mac will always be the "one and only" Threshold vocalist for me. I like Glenn and Damian, they fit to the sound of the band in their time.
But Damian for me has always to less rock in this voice - he is a good singer, but with now heaviness at all -for me he was even to silent in Lucassens Star One project - and I own the DVD of that.

Good night!!!